Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Location: Head Office
Department: Sales Department
Position Reports To: National Sales Manager
Job Purpose Summary
- Developing and implementing effective sales strategies
- Leading nationwide sales team members to achieve sales targets
- Establish productive and professional relationships with team in assigned customer accounts
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Analysis and interpretation of sales data that aids in prompt and effective decision making.
- Develop grassroots market so as to increase penetration from the current sales target to the set targets
- Build a solid distribution network from the agents to the small retailers.
- Management of the sales forecasting process (in conjunction with Marketing and Sales) that seeks to achieve the sales objective, proper product mix eliminates out- of – stock / Over – stock / obsolescence.
- Timely liaison with the production staff to ensure they prepare the required product mix.
- Prepare periodic reports for the management.
- Review of monthly sales performance taking appropriate remedial actions where adverse sales variances are noticed to realign sales performance to required sales targets.
- Sales Business Processes: Develop consistent sales process, policies, and rules of engagement, ensure these processes are enforced through the Sales Administrator.
- Boosting sales activities to meet expected sales target, monitoring and evaluation and continuous improvements.
- Recruitment of well resources agents/distributors
- Monitoring of sales team performance to ensure they achieve set targets and operate within set guidelines.
- Oversee the development of an up to date customer list that captures the sales activity of all retail customers thereby identifying opportunity and gaps.
- Maintain strong, cordial relations with customers.
- Conduct regular trade visits identify challenges in the market build relationship and realign sales team to achieve set objectives
- Address sales challenges identified in the market during trade visits.
- Capture accurate and reliable market intelligence for the assigned region
- Overseeing customer’s accounts to ensure that the sales team keeps them within the approved criteria and corrective action is taken where applicable.
- Ensure all retail customers carry adequate stocks to enable across the range pull through, by the sales representatives.
- New business development. Entering into new markets and generating innovative ideas to capitalize on them. Increasing sales coverage area, strengthen presence locally and regionally
- Managing distributors & recommending new distributor appointments in the region.
- Ensure all orders are delivered on time and also ensure that customer complaints and queries are addressed promptly.
- Overseeing timely debt collection with the help of the KAM.
- Assist in optimizing investment in trade promotional activities focused on growth of more profitable account and administration costs and other approved accounts such as rebates, discounts, merchandising fees, advertising allowances.
- People management: frequent engagement and constant evaluation of employee wellness.
- Recommending on Sales Department training.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A graduate from a recognized university with a degree in business related fields.
- 7 years F.M.C.G experience in sales administration/Customer Service.
- Knowledge of base-line general management (sales and marketing principles).
- High level of numeracy and ability to understand and analyze.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Bias for action (with positive return).
- Computer literacy with fluency in major office software packages.
- Exposure and experience with ERPs
- Internal – Production Department; highly dependable on their efficiency
- Accounts Department; management information for decision making.
- Sales Department : Analysis of sales
- External – Customers, distributors/agents. Sales outlets
Sources of References
- Company Directors
- General Manager, National Sales Manager, Key accounts manager, Marketing Executive
- Financial Accountant and Credit Controller
- Operations Department,
- Production Manager
- Human Resources Department
Key Success Factors
- Meet sales performance targets
- Growth of market segements
- On time performance, work ethic and quality of the Sales Team
- Monitoring of direct reports and peers
- A motivated sales team
- Supply Chain Management
- Trend analysis & proposed action plans
How to Apply
Applications to be emailed to email@example.com