Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Within delegated authority, the UN Business Strategy Reform Advisor will be responsible for the following duties:
• Support the operationalization of the UN Secretariat’s business strategy reform agenda at global, regional and country level, with particular attention to issues related to Secretariat engagement in the UNSDG BIG initiatives (BOS, CBO and Common Premises etc.).
• Facilitate engagement of UN Secretariat entities to support Business Operations Strategy (BOS), Common Back offices (CBO), Common Premises, including advising on the development system reforms and its implementation.
• Provide advice on the regional operationalization reform agenda as needed.
• Develop and implement guidance based on lessons learned and best practices to UN Secretariat offices, in particular to DOS and DMSPC to further guide UN Secretariat offices globally on BOS, CBO, Common Premises and global shared service centers.
• Provide direct inputs to the development and implementation of BOS, CBO and Common Premises activities in the Nairobi duty-station.
• Share experiences and best practices, support the work of the Nairobi BOS/ CBO working groups, draft terms of reference, monitor and guide local and regional BOS an CBO streams.
• Provide high level policy and programme planning advice to Development Coordination Office (DCO) on the advancement of business operations for the development system through: integration of back offices, optimization of UN presence on the ground through common services and other means, quantifying client satisfaction levels, scaling up the BOS and increasing the proportion of common premises.
• Serve as functional lead for the CBO in the DCO/CBS team for the design and roll-out of the CBO workstream, including representation on the BIG Task Team on CBO.
• Build capacity to develop the UN System to the United Nations Country Teams (UNCT) through guidance, webinars, and training on CBO; ensure alignment and full compliance with UNSDG guidelines at the field level.
• Enable knowledge sharing on business innovations among UNDCO regional desks and UNCTs.
• Coordinate activities related to budget and funding for Business Operations initiatives and ensures preparation of related documents/reports (work programme, programme budget, etc.) in support of the CBS annual work planning and budgetary processes.
• Provide substantive input in the preparation of position papers and reports for presentation to intergovernmental bodies such as the Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions, Committee for Programme Coordination, Economic and Social Council, the General Assembly and other policy-making organs, as appropriate.
• Represent the Organization at inter-agency meetings, seminars, etc. on issues relevant to DCO/CBS and the Secretariat entities.
• Lead field missions, including provision of guidance to external consultants, government officials and other parties and drafting mission summaries, etc.
• Organize and prepares written outputs, e.g. draft background papers, analysis, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, etc.
• Keep abreast of latest emerging trends and innovative approaches harmonization of business strategies.
• Perform other related duties, as required.
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business administration or related area is required. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
A minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in designing, implementing and/or managing the provision of operational support to development cooperation at the country, regional or global levels is required.
Experience with development and delivering of Training of Trainers workshops in support of change management processes is desirable.
Experience in the United Nations system or a comparable international organization is desirable.
Experience with harmonization and management of inter-agency business processes, including common services and common premises, is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of French is desirable. Knowledge of another official UN language is desirable.
Deadline 04 August 2020
Job openings advertised on the Careers Portal will be removed at 11:59 p.m. (New York time) on the deadline date.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.