Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
- Pilot or navigate the boat safely and efficiently
- Pilot or navigate the boat when transferring passengers
- Maintain rescue equipment on the boat
- Carry out basic boat maintenance and cleanliness
- Oversee boat house keeping
- Report any incidents and occurrences to the head of station;
- Disseminate relevant safety information, instructions and guidance to boat users onboard;
- Provide directions and instructions during emergencies.
- Report any mechanical problems of the boat;
- Certificate of Proficiency as Coxswain in accordance with the Merchant Shipping (Training and Certification) Regulations as amended or equivalent from a recognized institution;
- A minimum of five (5) years relevant experience preferably in marine transport industry
- Experience in deep sea operations
- First-Aid Certificate Course
- MUST Comply with the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 which include:
- Certificate of good conduct from the Director of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance from the Director of Public Prosecutions;
- Clearance from Higher Education Loans Board;
- Clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from the Credit Reference Bureau; and
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
Skills and Competencies
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Should be an organized person
- Personal Survival Skills
- Life Saving Skills
- Basic Fire Fighting skills
- Swimming skillsTerms of Service and Remuneration
The successful candidate for all the above position will serve on probation for a period of six months thereafter translate to Permanent and Pensionable terms.
How to Apply
Application Candidates who meet requirements for the above positions should submit their applications to reach the address below on or before 23rd July, 2020.
Applications should include Curriculum Vitae that includes details of day time telephone contact numbers and names and contacts of at least three (3) referees.
Applicants must also attach copies of certificates/testimonials as well as copy of National Identity Card.
Please note that:-
WRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality;
Locals from Lamu County are preferred for this position.
Applications without relevant qualifications and copies of documents requested for will not be considered;
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification; and
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Applications should be addressed to
The Chief Executive Officer
Water Resources Authority
NHIF Building, 9th Floor Wing B, Ragati Road
P. O. Box 45250-00100, NAIROBI
Online applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.