Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Ref Number: KUTRRH/DCSADDA/288
Reporting to the Director -Corporate Services and Administration, the Deputy Director Administration’s job exists to oversee, coordinate and direct the administration division and adviceon administrative services at KUTRRH.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Sit as member of the hospital’s senior management team.
- Participate in and contribute to the overall strategic planning process for the hospital.
- Oversee and manage the administration function of the hospital by ensuring that all its resources are well planned for in order to support timely and quality service delivery in the hospital.
- Provide leadership, guidance and direction to the administration division for timely and quality service delivery in the hospital.
- Ensure theadministrationdivision generates the target revenue required to facilitate service delivery.
- Ensure the coordination of the implementation of the hospital strategic plan in the administration division within the framework of the vision, mission and culture of the hospital and other national and international healthcare frameworks.
- Supervise staff in theadministrationdivision
- Oversee and ensure the recruitment, maintenance and disciplinary action and processes of the administration division staff in the hospital.
- Oversee and coordinate the provision of timely quality and sufficient administrationservices in the hospital within the established policy and professional frameworks.
- Ensure continuous training and development of administration division staff foreffective and efficient performance and productivity.
- Ensure continuous advisory servicesconcerning administrationto improve performance.
- Work in collaboration with other divisions, sections and departments in the hospital to provide administrative support to all departments within the hospital.
- Ensure and oversee preparation of budgets, Annual Workplansand procurement plans.
- Prepare and present divisionalreports on the division activities as appropriate.
Minimum Qualifications & Years of Experience Requiredi.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Administration/ Social Sciencesor other relevant and related areas from a recognizedinstitution.
- Masters’ Degree in Business Administration or Social Sciences or other relevant and related areas from a recognizedinstitution.
- Membership to a relevant professional body.
- Leadership/Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Demonstrated professional competencies and administrative capability
- .Computer literate.viii.Knowledge of relevant legislations.
- Human Resource management skills.
- Relevant Membership from a recognized institute.
- At least 8year’s working experience at a Senior Management level in Administration
- Experience in public service will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated professional competenceand leadership capability.
Soft Skills Required
- Communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Team building skills
- Organizational skills
- .Observation skills Analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure
How to Apply
If your background and competencies match the specifications of any of the posts above, please apply online via
OR send hard copies of your Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and Filled Application Form ONLY to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital
P.O. Box 7674 – 00100 GPO
For all applications, please indicate the subject as follows: JOB APPLICATION – [JOB REFERENCE NUMBER]. Please note that you have to attach the Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae, and Filled Application Form when you apply online via the portal.
The deadline for the receipt of all applications is Tuesday 28th July 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All shortlisted candidates must fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, including;
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (for University graduates only)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the KRA
- Clearance from Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission
- A report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau
Please take note that all communication to potential candidates is specifically through the official email/ telephone.
Any form of canvassing will lead to immediate disqualification.
KUTRRH is an Equal Opportunity Employer