Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Ref Number: KUTRRH/DCSMLTECH/285
No of Positions: 3
Reporting to the Senior Medical Laboratory Technologist, the Medical Laboratory Technologist exists to provide molecular diagnosis services to patients in the hospital, provide clinical research and clinical training, and advise the hospital and public on the same at KUTRRH.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that the laboratory is clean and in the required condition in order to provide conducive working environment for quality laboratory service delivery in the hospital.
- Review laboratory safety policies and procedures in collaboration with the Chief Laboratory technologist and sensitize the same to other laboratory staff, interns and students in the hospital.
- Implement the required laboratory safety standards enshrined in Laboratory Standard Operating Procedures in the hospital.
- Perform advanced medical molecular tests and other diagnostic procedures in order to diagnose complex medical conditions in Molecular Laboratory.
- Conduct confirmatory tests and other diagnostic procedures in order to confirm the finding of junior laboratory staff.
- Ensure proper handling, storage and management of laboratory equipment, materials and records in the laboratory.
- Implement and maintain laboratory operating systems for implementing laboratory programmes, projects and activities in the laboratory.
- Implement continuing training and development of laboratory staff for continuous quality and timely services delivery to patients in the hospital.
- Guide and mentor junior laboratory staff, interns and students, workingin the laboratory.
- Provide clinical research and training in Medical Laboratory Sciences
- Must have a B.Sc. in Medical Laboratory Sciences or Higher National Diploma (HND) in medical Laboratory Sciences from a recognized institution.
- Registration with the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technologists and Technicians Board (KMLTTB).
- .At least three (3) years working experience as a Medical Lab Technologist in a Molecular Laboratory especially in the following scope of tests:
- Molecular TB
- HIV Viral load
- SARs-COV testing
- DNA extraction using manual and automatic extraction
- Computer literate.v.Knowledge of relevant legislations.
- Knowledge of professional standards.
Soft Skills Required
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Observation skills
- Team player
How to Apply
If your background and competencies match the specifications of any of the posts above, please apply online via
OR send hard copies of your Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and Filled Application Form ONLY to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital
P.O. Box 7674 – 00100 GPO
For all applications, please indicate the subject as follows: JOB APPLICATION – [JOB REFERENCE NUMBER]. Please note that you have to attach the Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae, and Filled Application Form when you apply online via the portal.
The deadline for the receipt of all applications is Tuesday 28th July 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All shortlisted candidates must fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, including;
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (for University graduates only)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the KRA
- Clearance from Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission
- A report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau
Please take note that all communication to potential candidates is specifically through the official email/ telephone.
Any form of canvassing will lead to immediate disqualification.
KUTRRH is an Equal Opportunity Employer