Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Ref Number: KUTRRH/DCSASECOF/291
No of Positions: 10
Reporting to the Security Manager, the Security Officer’s job exists to coordinate the day-to- day security services to patients, staff and property at KUTRRH.
- Ensure full time implementation of security and safety policies, procedures and processes in the hospital.
- Identify all security vulnerable areas and points such as entry points, parking lots, public areas, cash offices are installed with properly working CCTV cameras in the hospital.
- Ensure that all security prone areas of the hospital are installed with functioning and fully monitored CCTV cameras.
- Ensure that the hospital is appropriately fitted with properly working security alarms and that security alarm response is well prepared for and responded to in the hospital.
- Make work-plans and shift schedules and allocate work to all security guards for secure and safe environment in the hospital.
- Induct all outsourced security guards into the hospital’s security policies, procedures, processes and protocols for effective and efficient security services in the hospital.
- Train all hospital staff and other stakeholders on security matters and disaster preparedness and response and evaluate the same by conducing occasional security drills in the hospital.
- Ensure that all entry points into the hospital, perimeter walls, parking lots and other public areas are always manned by security guards in order to ensure full time security in the hospital.
- Coordinate the operations of security guards and CCTV cameras and alarms monitors to ensure security and safety for all persona and property in the hospital.
- Ensure that security alarms are installed at different points in the hospital and that they are always functioning properly.
- Respond to security emergencies, security scares, bomb threats, fire alarms, or intrusion alarms, following emergency response procedures and immediately report the same to government security agencies and other emergency response agencies in the hospital.
- Arrest and interrogate criminals, suspected persons, suspicious-looking persons in the hospital and if there are grounds for further interrogation or prosecution forward them to the police.
- Prevent crime in the hospital by securing people and property within it and controlling unnecessary movement, transactions and access in the hospital.
- Conduct occasional security drills among security staff, hospital staff, patients and other guests in order assess the preparedness for security threats and response in the hospital.
- Receive and process security issues and complaints together with the hospital security team within the framework of policies, procedures, processes and protocols of the hospital.
- Analyze security operations to identify and assess potential security risks to mitigate potential threats and consequences of incidents and develop a plan to respond to such incidents in the hospital.
- Monitor and evaluate the implementation of security practices in the hospital in order to ensure compliance with its security policies, procedures and process and other security standards.
- Prepare reports on security operations and status in the hospital and present it to the appropriate stakeholders in the hospital.
- Diploma or Certificate in Security Management, Criminology or its Equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Must have previous National Police Service or Kenya Defense Forces Training.
- Certificate of good conduct from the National Police Service
- At least two years’ working experience as a Security Officer or in a similar level organization.
- Computer literacy
- Investigation skills
- Knowledge of organizational security risks and response
- Communication skills
- Security sensitive
- Observation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to manage crisis
- Ability to work under pressure
How to Apply
If your background and competencies match the specifications of any of the posts above, please apply online via
OR send hard copies of your Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and Filled Application Form ONLY to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital
P.O. Box 7674 – 00100 GPO
For all applications, please indicate the subject as follows: JOB APPLICATION – [JOB REFERENCE NUMBER]. Please note that you have to attach the Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae, and Filled Application Form when you apply online via the portal.
The deadline for the receipt of all applications is Tuesday 28th July 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All shortlisted candidates must fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, including;
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (for University graduates only)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the KRA
- Clearance from Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission
- A report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau
Please take note that all communication to potential candidates is specifically through the official email/ telephone.
Any form of canvassing will lead to immediate disqualification.
KUTRRH is an Equal Opportunity Employer