Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The ICT Assistant Manager is accountable to the ICT Manager and Head of ICT in the first instance, ultimately to the Headmistress. The ICT Assistant Manager will work closely with the ICT Manager to support all roles and duties of the ICT Manager. Duties and responsibilities of the ICT Assistant Manager include the following:
- Deputize the ICT Manager as needed.
- Take on new areas of responsibility in consultation with ICT Manager and Head of ICT as they may develop.
- Troubleshoot Internet, network and WiFi related issues as and when they occur.
- To handle daily IT related technical support issues, escalating more complex issues to the ICT Manager.
- Assist all staff in lesson preparation where necessary and give in lesson support when required.
- Monitor and keep operational shared IT equipment deployed in ICT Labs, Classrooms, Offices and common areas.
- Catalogue and deploy IT equipment and offer support and training for the same where necessary or required.
- Catalogue decommissioned IT equipment for disposal.
- To deploy and manage mobile devices and the distribution of their apps.
- Coordinate with external service providers for the support and maintenance of ICT infrastructure.
- To assist ICT Manager in support and maintenance of the school’s data centres.
- To coordinate support and assistance for assemblies, plays, productions, teatime concerts and other school events including but not limited to setup of PA Systems, Microphones, Projectors.
- Assist in preparation of internal and external school publications eg Adverts, programs, certificates.
- Monitor ICT Stock resource levels and order the same with ICT Managers approval.
- Update and upload content to the school website.
- Manage users in the schools Virtual Learning Environment Gsuite for Education.
- Assist ICT Manager in administration of school management system
- Assist and train staff where necessary in use of the various school IT systems.
- Set up school management systems for Exams, assessments and tests, new pupils and staff.
- Produce all school reports.
- Ensure school ICT policies are followed.
- A full contribution to the life of the school, through areas not directly linked to ICT will be expected as determined by the Headmistress or Deputies.
This job description is not a comprehensive statement of procedures and tasks but sets out the main duties and responsibilities of the job and the expectations of the school in relation to the post holder’s professional responsibilities and duties. However, the job or duties described may vary or be amended from time to time without changing the level of responsibility associated with the post.
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related course.
- Minimum 5 years working experience in the IT field in a high paced environment.
- Excellent understanding of Windows Operating System and management.
- Excellent command of MacOS, iOS and iPad OS configuration.
- Excellent hardware troubleshooting skills
- Good command of networking including VLANS, WiFi systems, structured cabling, cable termination.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office suite.
- Good understanding of Google Gsuite administration.
- Experience in virtualised environments using vMware is an advantage
How to Apply
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of the HR Manager as soon as possible. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.