Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Who we are
Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform. With over 5,000 employees in 12 countries spanning across 6 African regions, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders.
Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa. We are creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a generation
About the Role
As Security Manager at Jumia you will be responsible for creating, implementing and overseeing Jumia’s Security. You will own the completion of various projects and security initiatives to ensure all Jumia facilities, company assets and fellow employees are safe from both internal and external threats. By independently managing security projects to deliver support and service in a very high growth environment where priorities shift extremely fast.
- Lead Physical Security Risk Management, Fraud Investigation and Business Continuity Management Systems for Jumia.
- Identify & manage emerging risks with proactive mitigation strategies.
- Establish & integrate sound incident notification systems through robus crisis response protocols on ground, with the aim of protecting people, business& brand
- Integrated Risk Management for Jumia Logistics Network by leveraging on emerging
- Establish national wide benchmarks in logistics security risk management
- Bachelor’s Degree (Criminal Justice, Management, Operations, Legal)
- Diploma or certification in security management services will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 7 years warehouse management security, logistics/supply chain, e- commerce, consulting experience
- Experience in security/loss prevention management
- In-depth knowledge of performance metrics
- Experienced in monitoring and situation evaluation
Skills & Competencies
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy and precision.
- Excellent communication and leadership, organizational and time-management skills
- Problem solving skills and analytical skills.
- Know how to manage priorities and work with short terms
- Ability to make quick and smart decisions under pressure.
What We Offer
- A unique opportunity in implementing and executing new ideas for a thriving e-commerce business
- The opportunity to work with professional and dynamic teams in and outside your local country
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation