Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly. Jobs asking for money are never genuine.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Post: Landscape Project Officer (2 Positions) – Masai Mara and Tsavo
Terms of Service: Two (2) Year Contract subject to satisfactory performance and delivery of targets and outcomes
The remuneration attached to this position will be a gross taxable monthly Ksh. 200,000 payables as follows:
Monthly Basic Salary: Ksh. 150,000
Monthly Allowances: Ksh. 50,000
At the end of your contract term, you shall be entitled to a gratuity payment calculated at the rate of 31% of your monthly salary for the total number of months worked.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical and strategic advice and guidance as well as operational support to project management and others for planning and implementation of landscape-or community-specific activities;
- Liaise with regional government for coordination of landscape-specific project inputs;
- Participate in relevant project activities, including but not limited to development of landscape-level strategies and plans for community engagement, resource management and conservation;
- Liaise with project management through at least quarterly meetings to share information on progress on project activities, needs arising and key issues requiring attention from the project, including information relevant to project compliance with all relevant policies and objectives;
- Provide information to the PM for use in communications and support the PM in developing project progress reports, donor reports and technical reports;
- Coordinate to maintain relationships and engagement with important landscape-level stakeholders such as regional government, ministries, line departments, civil society organizations, universities, LNGOs, INGOs and donors;
- Organize meetings of landscape-level stakeholders in a timely and efficient manner;
- Ensure that necessary documents (agenda, relevant background documents and technical reports) for meetings are circulated to members two weeks in advance, and that minutes of meetings are produced and disseminated within a week after the meeting
- Provide strategic guidance to project management regarding landscape level activities
- Oversee day-to-day implementation of landscape level project activities.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPOINTMENTS
The successful candidate must meet the following requirements: –
- Bachelor’s degree in Community Development, Natural Resources Management, or other relevant education;
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience, related to conservation, community-based natural resource management and/or sustainable livelihoods.
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent administrative and coordination skills;
- Excellent communication skills, especially relating to reporting of information;
- Excellent command of English and Kiswahili;
- Awareness and knowledge of landscape-level context, including political, social and environmental aspects;
- Excellent ability to organize, coordinate, facilitate, and manage meetings in a timely, efficient, and thorough manner.
How to Apply
All Interested and qualified persons should submit their applications together with a detailed Curriculum Vitae, Copies of Academic and Professional Certificates, testimonials and National Identity cards in a sealed envelope, addressed to:
Ministry of Tourism and Wildlife,
State Department for Wildlife,
P.O. Box 41394-00100, Nairobi
Hand delivered to National Social Security Fund (NSSF) Building, 21st Floor Main Registry, on or before 24th August at 1600hrs.