Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly. Jobs asking for money are never genuine.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Post: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Terms of Service: Two (2) Year Contract subject to satisfactory performance and delivery of targets and outcomes
The remuneration attached to this position will be a gross taxable monthly Ksh. 200,000 payables as follows:
Monthly Basic Salary: Ksh. 150,000
Monthly Allowances: Ksh. 50,000
At the end of your contract term, you shall be entitled to a gratuity payment calculated at the rate of 31% of your monthly salary for the total number of months worked.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The M& E Specialist will report to and work under the guidance and supervision of the Technical Project Coordinator.
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail: –
- Assist the Technical Coordinator in day-to-day management and oversight of project activities;
- Assist the Technical Coordinator in matters related to M&E and knowledge resources management;
- Assist the Technical Coordinator in matters related to the implementation and reporting on the Gender Action Plan;
- Assist in the preparation of progress reports;
- Monitor project progress and participate in the production of progress reports, ensuring that they meet the necessary reporting requirements and standards, including based on the inputs from all project partners;
- Ensure project’s M&E meets the requirements of the Government, the UNDP Country Office, and UNDP-GEF; develop project-specific M&E tools as necessary;
- Oversee and ensure the implementation of the project’s M&E plan, including periodic appraisal of the Project’s Theory of Change and Results Framework with reference to actual and potential project progress and results;
- Oversee/develop/coordinate the implementation of the stakeholder engagement plan;
- Oversee and guide the design of surveys/ assessments commissioned for monitoring and evaluating project results;
- Facilitate mid-term and terminal evaluations of the project; including management responses;
- Facilitate annual reviews of the project and produce analytical reports from these annual reviews, including learning and other knowledge management products;
- Support project site M&E and learning missions;
- Visit project sites as and when required to appraise project progress on the ground and validate written progress reports.
- Ensure all project documentation (progress reports, consulting and other technical reports, minutes of meetings, etc.) are properly maintained in hard and electronic copies in an efficient and readily accessible filing system, for when required by PB, TAC, UNDP, project consultants and other PMU staff;
- Provide PMU-related administrative and logistical assistance.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPOINTMENTS
The successful candidate must meet the following requirements: –
- A Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent qualification in Management, Statistics, Public Administration, Project Management, Economics or related social science.;
- Excellent knowledge of monitoring and evaluation;
- At least three years of work experience preferably in a project involving biodiversity conservation, natural resource management and/or sustainable livelihoods. Previous experience with UN project will be a definite asset.
- Very good inter-personal skills;
- Proficiency in the use of computer software applications especially MS Word and MS Excel.
- Excellent language skills in English (writing, speaking and reading) and in local languages
How to Apply
All Interested and qualified persons should submit their applications together with a detailed Curriculum Vitae, Copies of Academic and Professional Certificates, testimonials and National Identity cards in a sealed envelope, addressed to:
Ministry of Tourism and Wildlife,
State Department for Wildlife,
P.O. Box 41394-00100, Nairobi
Hand delivered to National Social Security Fund (NSSF) Building, 21st Floor Main Registry, on or before 24th August at 1600hrs.