Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly. Jobs asking for money are never genuine.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Post: Project Finance Officer
Terms of Service: Two (2) Year Contract subject to satisfactory performance and delivery of targets and outcomes
The remuneration attached to this position will be a gross taxable monthly Ksh. 200,000 payables as follows:
Monthly Basic Salary: Ksh. 150,000
Monthly Allowances: Ksh. 50,000
At the end of your contract term, you shall be entitled to a gratuity payment calculated at the rate of 31% of your monthly salary for the total number of months worked.
a) DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Project Finance and Procurement Officer / Accountant will report to and work under the guidance and supervision of the Project Manager/ Coordinator, and will be responsible for efficient and effective financial management and accounting function for the Project.
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:
- Keep records of project funds and expenditures, and ensure all project-related financial documentation are well maintained and readily available when required by the Technical Coordinator;
- Review project expenditures and ensure that project funds are used in compliance with the Project Document and GoK financial rules and procedures;
- Validate and certify FACE forms before submission to UNDP;
- Provide necessary financial information as and when required for project management decisions;
- Provide necessary financial information during project audit(s);
- Review annual budgets and project expenditure reports, and notify the Technical Coordinator if there are any discrepancies or issues;
- Consolidate financial progress reports submitted by Project partners for implementation of project activities;
- Liaise and follow up with the Project partners for implementation of project activities in matters related to project funds and financial progress reports.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPOINTMENTS
The successful candidate must meet the following requirements: –
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: – Commerce (Finance option), Business Administration (Accounting option) or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- CPA III, ACCA or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Membership to ICPAK/ACCA/Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or any other relevant recognized professional body.
- Three (3) years’ work experience preferably in a project management setting involving multi-lateral/ international funding agency. Previous experience with UN project will be a definite asset.
- Proficiency in the use of computer software applications particularly MS Excel;
- Excellent language skills in English (writing, speaking and reading) and in local languages.
How to Apply
All Interested and qualified persons should submit their applications together with a detailed Curriculum Vitae, Copies of Academic and Professional Certificates, testimonials and National Identity cards in a sealed envelope, addressed to:
Ministry of Tourism and Wildlife,
State Department for Wildlife,
P.O. Box 41394-00100, Nairobi
Hand delivered to National Social Security Fund (NSSF) Building, 21st Floor Main Registry, on or before 24th August at 1600hrs.