Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly. Jobs asking for money are never genuine.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Terms of Service: Contract (3 years’ renewable on satisfactory performance)
Remuneration: Kshs. 541,112 – Kshs. 576,167
Duties and Responsibilities
The Director Governance, Compliance, Performance Management & Public Service Transformation will be responsible to the Deputy CEO for the overall management and coordination of work in the Directorate.
The specific duties and responsibilities at this level entail:
- Undertaking compliance audits, promotion of values and principles of good governance, investigation, monitoring and evaluation of human resource practices for efficient and effective public Service;
- Develop and implement strategies for promotion and implementation of values and principles of good governance;
- Undertaking Human Resource Audits on all HR functions in the Public Service
- Carrying out investigations, monitoring and evaluation of the organization, administration and Human Resource practices for an efficient and effective Public Service;
- Monitor and evaluate the implementation of the Commission’s delegated functions;
- Ensure institutionalization of uniform human resource standards and quality control Procedures in the public service;
- Ensure review and implementation of the Code of Conduct in the Public Service;
- Preparation of reports to Parliament and the President on compliance with national values and principles of governance under Article 254(1) and 234(2) of the Constitution of Kenya (2010);
- Setting standards in service delivery for evaluating performance in the public service;
- Evaluating the organization and core functions of public bodies with respect to human resources, internal processes, citizens’ satisfaction and recommending measures for improved performance;
- setting performance contract guidelines in the public service and ensuring compliance with the Commission’s set standards;
- providing guidelines on performance appraisal systems for public bodies and individual public officers;
- evaluating performance agreements between the Government and public bodies or individual public officers;
- investigating and making recommendations to the Board on an authorized officer on own motion or upon receipt of a complaint on inefficiency and ineffectiveness of service delivery in public bodies;
- Monitoring and evaluation of the institutionalization of performance management in the Public Service;
- Develop and implement best practices in performance management and emerging HR trends;
- Develop, implement and provide reports of the Directorate’s annual work plan, budget, performance contract targets and staff performance appraisal; and
- Preparing and presenting the agenda in relevant Board Committees.
Requirements for Appointment:
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have: –
- Master’s degree in Human Resources, Business Management, Development, or other related fields;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social sciences;
- Higher National Diploma in Human Resources Management;
- Professional Certification in Leadership and Management;
- At least 15 years’ professional experience in a relevant field, 3 years of which should be in a leadership position with demonstrated success in managing multi-disciplinary teams;
- Knowledge of the institutional and legal framework in Kenya, as well as of relevant Public Service transformation programmes;
- Knowledge of labour laws and other related legislation; and
- Member of a relevant professional body.
Skills and Competencies
- Proven leadership and management skills;
- Ability to think strategically;
- Attention to detail and accuracy;
- Communication, analytical and report writing skills;
- Networking and team management skills;
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills; and
- Creative and innovative skills.
How to Apply
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications ONLINE through the Commission website: www.publicservice.go.ke or jobs portal: www.psckjobs.go.ke
- Candidates should provide all the details requested for in the advertisement. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Applications should reach the Commission on or before 24th August 2020 latest by 5.00 p.m. (East African Time).