Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly. Jobs asking for money are never genuine.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Terms of Service: Contract (3 years’ renewable on satisfactory performance)
Remuneration: Kshs. 541,112 – Kshs. 576,167
Duties and Responsibilities
The Director Human Resource, Organizational Development and Career Management will be responsible to the Deputy CEO for the overall management and coordination of work in the Directorate.
The specific duties and responsibilities at this level entail:
- i) Develop, review and ensure implementation of guidelines on establishment and abolition of offices/ posts in the Public Service;
- ii) Develop, review and ensure implementation of guidelines on design of organizational structures in the Public Service;
- iii) Carry out workload analysis to determine optimal staffing levels;
- iv) Monitoring the implementation of organizational structures in the Public Service;
- v) Develop and harmonize the grading structures and nomenclatures in the Public Service;
- vi) Establishment, maintenance and updating of Staff Establishment Database;
- vii) Develop, review, interpret and ensure implementation of policies, rules, regulations, procedures and strategies on human resource management and development in the Public Service;
- viii) Develop and implement a Human Resource Management and Development masterplan for the Public Service;
- ix) Oversee the development and training of Human resources in the Public Service;
- x) Management of the Public Service Internship Programme;
- xi) Preparing and presenting the agenda in relevant Board Committees;
- xii) Promote harmonious industrial relations;
- xiii) Advise on terms and conditions including retirement benefits in the Public Service;
- xiv) Initiate and coordinate research on market labour trends for the Public Service;
- xv) Initiate research and develop strategies for best practices in human resource management and development;
- xvi) Process disciplinary and appeals cases from Ministries, Departments, Agencies and Counties;
- xvii) Establishing systems for hearing and determining appeals from County Government;
- xviii) Ensuring standards for the development and review of career progression guidelines are set and maintained;
- xix) Making recommendations in respect of qualifications of officers in the Public Service;
- xx) Advising on transition issues and relationships between the National and County governments;
- xxi) Advising on capacity building needs for County Governments;
- xxii) Develop, implement and review policy framework on uniform norms and Standards for the two levels of Government; and
- xxiii) Develop and implement the Directorate’s annual work plans, budgets, performance contract targets and staff performance appraisal.
Requirements for Appointment:
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have: –
- Master’s degree in Human Resources, Business Management, Development, or other related fields;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social sciences
- Higher National Diploma in Human Resources Management
- Professional Certification in Leadership and Management
- Training and thorough knowledge in Job Evaluation Schemes
- At least 15 years’ professional experience in a relevant field, 3 years of which should be in a senior leadership position with demonstrated success in managing multi-disciplinary teams;
- Knowledge of the institutional and legal framework in Kenya, as well as of relevant Public Service transformation programmes;
- Knowledge of labour laws and other related legislation; and
- Member of a relevant Professional body.
Skills and Competencies
- Proven leadership and management skills;
- Ability to think strategically;
- Attention to detail and accuracy;
- Communication, analytical and report writing skills;
- Networking and team management skills;
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills; and
- Creative and innovative skills.
How to Apply
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications ONLINE through the Commission website: www.publicservice.go.ke or jobs portal: www.psckjobs.go.ke
- Candidates should provide all the details requested for in the advertisement. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Applications should reach the Commission on or before 24th August 2020 latest by 5.00 p.m. (East African Time).