Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly. Jobs asking for money are never genuine.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Roche in Johannesburg, South Africa or Nairobi, Kenya is seeking a Head of Healthcare Transformation to lead the Healthcare Transformation team for Diagnostics to achieve meaningful change on the continent and to position Roche as a thought-leader within the healthcare industry within our territories and markets and in so doing contribute to the achievement of sustainable medium to long term objectives of the Management Centre. This leadership includes driving of internal and external change initiatives that ensure that internal teams respond to the dynamic market in an agile and adaptable way to ensure sustainable access to healthcare on the African continent.
Strategic Foundation Setting and Leadership
- Lead the co-creation of the strategic foundation for the whole Healthcare Transformation Team and for the Management Centre (in conjunction with the leadership team- upwards, and the Leads of the various sub-teams – downwards), with a vision for the next 5-10 years. This process includes defining:
- Business Thinking Principles
- Strategic Thinking, including strategic consultancy and Value based health care
- The foundational standards for the PMO and Strategic Programs in the pipeline
- Owns project management for complex projects
- Develops new business models embracing new ways of working and new environment
- Alignes High-level goals
Envisioning & Direction Setting
- Communicates an integrated and compelling vision of Healthcare Transformation within the markets served, as a collective and as individual entities.
- Drives the medium to long term strategic thinking and planning process to identify and prioritize areas of strategic focus to drive future development of the markets that MCZA serves in line with emerging healthcare trends and the existing and future product pipeline of the organization.
Strategic Planning & Reporting
- Contribute to the organizational strategic plan by understanding the organizational vision, identifying, developing and drafting the key Healthcare Transformation strategic inputs and providing these inputs to the organizational strategic plan annually.
- Develop the long term strategy for the Healthcare Transformation function by scanning the environment, undertaking research and drafting the strategy, and re-aligning and adjusting within the overall long-term organizational strategy and vision annually.
- Remain abreast of industry and market trends by attending international meetings, scanning and reading relevant industry data sources and through high-level discussions with international stakeholders and KOLs.
- Lead the development of operational planning for the various aspects of Healthcare Transformation including, but not limited to, the internal Project Management Office, Roche Healthcare Consulting, Strategic Program Management, and Strategic Alliances, and the supporting functions within the team by identifying key projects, activities, and inputs and setting targets annually.
- Lead the reporting on performance by tracking the various aspects of Healthcare Transformation Team’s performance against targets, identifying progress and areas of concern, drafting reports and submitting quarterly and as required.
- Lead the knowledge and communication sharing process for Healthcare Transformation within the management centre and with other/international Roche teams and other relevant stakeholders by developing inputs, preparing communications and participating in discussion forums as required.
People Management & Development
- Lead all direct reports within the Healthcare Transformation team in line with the Roche Leadership Commitments providing the necessary coaching and mentoring where applicable.
- Identify and develop talent within the team.
- Scan the environment for emerging skills and capabilities required within the Healthcare Transformation environment and develop strategies and plans in conjunction with the HR function to ensure that the team remains abreast of evolving market trends.
- Identify and develop, in conjunction with other members of the leadership team an internal pipeline of individuals who could be developed to fill future Healthcare Transformation positions.
- To define and launch new business models with its own revenue line.
- To develop the Healthcare Transformation department budget by identifying activities and costs, preparing the budget and submitting it annually and as required.
- To manage expenditure by tracking spend against budget allocations, approving expenditure, address any budget variances and provide feedback monthly and as required
- Ensure that all internal projects and programs are executed in line with defined Project and Quality standards, including all financial, legal, and compliance frameworks and divisional standards.
- Monitor compliance with policies and procedures, identify areas of non-compliance and incorporate remedies in project plans.
You, as an ideal candidate, will have the following skills, experience and education:
- Required Qualification: NQF 7/8 in a Science related field or similar
- Required Experience: At least 7 years experience in sales, marketing or similar in the medical / healthcare industry with at least 3 years in a business development role. Must have knowledge of the international healthcare landscape and international healthcare policy and development agenda. Candidates from the Consulting space will also be considered.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.