Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Media Innovation Center (MIC) and DW Akademie (DWA) is looking for a Lead Trainer for the upcoming second cohort of the flagship “Innovators-in-Residence” program.
The Innovators-in-Residence program provides a valuable mentoring opportunity in developing and breathing to life new innovative ideas. Through this program, selected experts from DWA will guide early-stage innovators to turn their ideas into reality. The innovators-in-residence are selected through a rigorous process through which we subject their ideas to a panel of judges who decide on the best ideas to support that year. The judges look for several attributes in the winning idea, among them the viability, scalability, novelty and its contribution to the East African media industry.
The lead trainer will perform the following tasks:
1. Support the selection process for the second cohort of the Innovators-in-Residence (IiR) in the following ways:
a. Assisting the Media Futures East Africa team in delivering a selection criteria and selection plan for the second cohort of the IiR from Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania
b. Coordinate and support the selection committee, jury, partners, media futures team and applicants during the selection period
2. Coordinate Coaches, Trainers & Mentors for all IiR teams across Kenya, Uganda & Tanzania
3. Identify and document training needs & expectations of Kenyan IiR Team and identify appropriate trainers/coaches
4. Participate in strategy and planning meetings with associated partners
5. Provide journalism & business development support and guidance for IiR
6. Support in identifying funding & partnership opportunities and offering relevant industry
updates and events that would open the IiR to new networks
7. Develop and implement monitoring and reporting system for IiR journalistic & business impact
8. Make progress checks, based on milestones & expectations (using Lean Business Canvas)
The following selection criteria apply:
* Good understanding of journalism industry in Kenya and Journalistic background preferred.
* Extensive coaching, consultancy and/or facilitation experience for start-ups, including experience with HCD methodology.
* Detail orientated, personable and flexible & Outstanding innovation experience in East Africa.
* Willingness to conduct baseline project management tasks for the coordination of regional coaches.
Interested candidates should submit a Cover letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae, names and email contacts of three professional referees, telephone contact, e-mail address and copies of relevant academic certificates as well as transcripts to, The Project Manager, DW Akademia, email address: firstname.lastname@example.org by August 16 2020. Applications by email are preferred. Please note the successful candidate will have contractual relationship with DW Akademia and will be assigned to the MIC.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.