Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly. Jobs asking for money are never genuine.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Kenya Red Cross Society is one of the largest humanitarian organisations in Kenya. Its vision is to be the most effective, most trusted and self-sustaining humanitarian organization in Kenya, serving present and future generations. KRCS is looking for qualified people to fill the following positions:
Policy and Advocacy Intern
Policy and advocacy Assistant
Duties and Responsibilities
The Policy and Advocacy Intern will support in policy development, providing analysis and advice to ensure greater impact and influence. The Policy and Advocacy Intern will undertake research, policy, and advocacy on areas which may include:
- Integrated Risk Management
- Cash Transfer programming
- Strengthening devolution
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Undertake research and analysis, reviewing alternatives in relation to policy deliverables, to contribute to the policy process and to inform decision making
- Support the policy and advocacy department in the identification and prioritization of key issues in the humanitarian and policy strategies.
- Support in the update of a humanitarian policy blog and other relevant communication channels that seek to contribute to the regional humanitarian policy issues and priorities.
- Provide a range of project support services, including preparation of discussion papers, briefs and submissions, to contribute to the development and delivery of policy initiatives
- Support the preparation and review policy advice to ensure alignment with policy directions
- Undertake research and collate information for reporting, monitoring and evaluation purposes to contribute to the achievement of policy outcomes..
- Any other duties as requested from time to time.
- Completed degree in Law
- Available for a period of not less than 6 months
- Knowledge of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
Skills and experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge of the development of public policy .
- Effective interpersonal skills to establish cooperative working relationships in the course of performing assigned duties
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, analyse financial and operational data and information, think analytically and critically
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply strictly through https://www.redcross.or.ke/Careers so as to reach us not later than 18th August 2020;
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job disclaimer and notification: Kenya Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge / accept any amount or security deposit from job seekers during the selection process or while inviting candidates for an interview.