Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Department: Communications, ICT and Advocacy
Direct reportees: 4: Communication Officer, Advocacy Officer, ICT Officer, Sales & Marketing Officer
The Communications, Sales & Marketing Manager is responsible for leading the implementation of ICL Communication & Advocacy strategies by taking an integrated approach to policy change, campaigning and communications.
The holder leads internal and external communications, works with other stakeholders in implementing the campaigns and incorporates the campaign themes, into the relevant events and products
He/She develops strategic partnerships with key constituencies and maximize impact of promotional objectives
He/she ensures efficiency and effectiveness in ICL’s internal and external advocacy, media and communications in full alignment with the Communication strategy. S/he manages a team of communication and advocacy experts to develop key advocacy messages, defining effective tactics and strategic partnerships, leveraging our brand strength to mobilize support and raise awareness internally and externally with donors and partners.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Lead and manage the design and implementation of the Communications and Advocacy Strategies in line with the ICL Strategy coordination and engaging with the staff and partners, taking an integrated approach to policy change, campaigning and communications
- Regularly review and update the Communications and Advocacy Strategies as appropriate in response to the global strategy and programme design
- Ensure strong linkages between Advocacy, Communications and Programmes so that advocacy is evidence based and programme driven and projects are further strengthened and improved through advocacy
- Provide high quality line management and staff development, building a strong team and embedding robust planning, implementation reporting and evaluation processes into advocacy and communications work
- Create relationships, systems and pathways that ensure that the advocacy and communications team is fully integrated into the organisation at all levels, fully realizing our potential for campaigning, income generation, quality, learning and impact reporting
- Review the goals and objectives as set out in the departmental work plan
- Develop communication plans in consultation with the Communication Manager in order to accomplish goals within constraints such as time, cost and agreed quality standards
- Schedule tasks, deadlines and milestones for all stakeholders and resource
Communication strategy implementation
- Design, develop and implement project based messages that seek to ensure smooth running of project
- Development of the design, content and production of various ICL publications
- Implement and maintain a “house style” in all ICL written Communications
- Develop success stories and disseminate it through the different media platforms such as the Kenya Mpya website, Tukoworks Portal, Social Media, newsletter and through the print media
- Implement and track events, campaigns and preparing post-campaign performance analysis
- Ensure communication and knowledge management are built into every project proposal
Manage, review and update organization website
- Plan and conduct Child Protection Training to both leaners, teachers and households on community child protection advocacy initiatives
- Oversee public dialogue and policy lobbying to address the Child Protection initiatives
Engage the media around key issues affecting the girl child; raise awareness; and inform policy making
Build the capacity of the project team and community management structures in advocacy
Responsible for the implementation of the CPP standards as they apply to area of responsibility plus the development of actions to address identified gaps and monitoring their effectiveness
Management of internal communication
- Manage internal communication within the organization
- Keeps employees informed of company events or updates, service opportunities, and upcoming product releases
- Manage the social media platforms
- Coordinate communications projects with vendors and contractors for the development and production of educational event promotional materials, web site production and other collateral
- Conduct regular partner and supporter forums to retain public image and effectively manage media relations
- Develop and manage print, radio and TV media campaigns to increase organization visibility
- Develop media strategy, corporate mobilization strategy, drafting press releases, responding to media enquiries and building dialogue with journalists
- Take part in resource mobilization through participation in proposal development with other program staff
- Design, implement and evaluate projects with an aspect of resource mobilization
- Any other duties in line with the organization Vision and Mission
Minimum qualifications, Skills and experience
Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, law, international relations, politics or related field
Masters in communications, Public Relations will be an added advantage
A minimum of five years’ professional experience in Advocacy and/or Communications and working to influence human rights laws, policies and institutions, preferably with NGOs, inter-governmental organizations or governments.
Prior exposure and experience in networking and coordination, planning and implementing campaigns and events that drive influence and stakeholder engagement.
Good communication and presentation skills
Mature, positive attitude and committed to ICL values
Skills and abilities
- Excellent skills in advocating towards government officials and understanding of UN and donor operations at country level.
- Good knowledge of how the media and journalists work nationally.
- Proven experience to develop and implement communication and media advocacy strategies
- Demonstrable leadership within a networked environment
- Superior communication and writing skills with the ability to translate complex issues into a level appropriate for the general population and policymakers
- Excellent analytical, negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Excellent publication skills that include proofreading, copyediting, and knowledge of design/layout and strong visual skills
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with a variety of audiences, including community advocates, service providers, members of the public and local officials
- Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
- Excellent representation and interpersonal skills and the ability to work with people from diverse cultures, ability to lead and motivate people to work in teams
- Skills in partnership building and management, working through partners
- Skilled in the use of assorted computer software
- Engagement with donors, government, strategic partners and corporates to secure funding of the strategic plan in line with set annual goals through various media
- Secured sales of products for sustainability of organizational programs through marketing and branding
- Provided project progress updates on a monthly basis to donors, the board, management and other stakeholders through stories of change, dashboards and newsletter among others
- Communication materials designed and produced in line with ICL standards
- Prepared publications and submitted to relevant journals every quarter
- Worked with the business development team to communicate in an accurate, strategic and result oriented manner
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements for this position, please send your CV and cover letter quoting your current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org; to reach us on or before 20th August 2020.The subject line of your application should be ‘Communication, Sales & Marketing Manager’.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
I Choose Life – Africa is an equal opportunity employer.