Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral and Research Hospital (KUTRRH) is a State Corporation and is registered as a Level 6 Tertiary Hospital under the Ministry of Health. The Hospital is a COVID 19 treatment Centre and seeks to engage staff in specialized areas on a six (6) month contract. Those who applied for locum positions as advertised earlier and who may be interested in the short term contract are advised to apply.
GENERAL NURSING OFFICERS – KUTRRH/DNS/GNO/322
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive, register, record and document patients’ information and present the same to the Medical Officers at the unit of the hospital.
- Transfer referred patients from unit for further diagnosis or specialized treatment from other units of the hospital.
- Provide general nursing services and care to patients in the hospital.
- Support Medical Officers and Medical Specialists in attending to patients.
- Administer medication to patients as prescribed by Medical Officers and Medical Specialists.
- Administer patient care and nursing to outpatients in the hospital.
- Monitor and document patients’ progress and and report the same to the Medical Officers and Medical Specialists in the hospital.
- Liaise with other healthcare staff in handling patients with multiple or complex medical conditions.
- Provide nursing services research and training to students at the unit of the hospital.
- Ensure that the nursing areas of the hospital are clean and tidy complying with sanitation standards of the hospital.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned in the area of health care.
Qualifications Knowledge and Skills
- Diploma or Degree in Nursing from a recognized institution
- Registration with the Nursing Council of Kenya and Valid Practice License
- Must have a Certificate in a course in life-saving
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of relevant legislations
- Knowledge of professional standards
- At least one (1) year working experience as a Nursing Officer in a reputable health facility.
Soft skills required for the Job
- Observation skills
- Analytical skills
- Organizational skills
- Team player
- Ability to work under pressure
If your background and competencies match the specifications of any of the posts above, please apply online via
or send hard copies of your Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and Filled Application Form addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital
P.O. Box 7674 – 00100 GPO
For all applications please indicate the subject as follows: – JOB APPLICATION – [JOB/ CADRE REFERENCE NUMBER]
Please note that you have to attach the Application Letter, Curriculum, Vitae and Filled Application Form when you apply online via the portal
The deadline for the receipt of all applications is Tuesday, 1st September 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
All shortlisted candidates MUST fulfil the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, and will be required to produce the following documents;
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (for graduates only)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the KRA
- Clearance from Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission
- A Clearance Certificate from an approved Credit Reference Bureau
Please take note that all communication to potential candidates is specifically through the official emails/ telephone.
Any form of canvassing will lead to immediate disqualification.
KUTRRH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER