Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
SENIOR LIBRARIAN II SCALE 12 -1 POST (AUC/AD/01/8/20)
Duties and Responsibilities
The officer will be charged with the following duties and responsibilities:
- Be responsible for Management of Information Communication and Technologies (ICTs) within the University College Community;
- Developing Information Technology Policies;
- Training other staff on the use and application of ICTs; planning and management of systems development;
- Providing advancement support in use of electronic information sources and managing the library’s web pages;
- Online searching using the Internet;
- Operating systems; website creation; desktop publishing; designing and realization of bibliographic databases;
- Software and hardware engineering services;
- Database management and operations;
- directing the functions of micro computing, networking and systems, support services;
- Training and promotion of information technology;
- Executing and controlling information and services budget and all aspects of automation in University College Library
- Maintenance of ICTs.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade one must have:
- A Master’s degree in Library and Information Sciences or its equivalent qualification from a recognized University;
- At least four (4) years working experience in a well-established automated library/information centre;
- Served in the grade of Librarian I scale 11 or in a comparable and relevant position for at least (3) years;
- Published at least two (2) articles in refereed journals or a book;
- Be registered with a relevant professional body
- Be ICT competent
- Shown merit and ability in work performance and results.
Applicants are required to submit ten (10) copies of their application documents. Each application should be accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, copy of National Identity Card, and other relevant supporting documents.
Applications should be addressed and sent to:
Alupe University College
P.O. Box 845 – 50400
Dropped at Alupe University College Administration Registry at the New site on or before Thursday 3rd September, 2020 at 12 Noon
Applicants for the positions of Scale 10 and above must submit the following documents:
- Current clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority
- Clearance from Higher Education Loans Board
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau
- Current Certificate of Good Conduct
An electronic copy in PDF format be send to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alupe University College is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, gender, equality and therefore encourages qualified persons living with disabilities, women and those from marginalized areas to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvasing will result in automatic disqualification.