Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
CHS is currently sourcing for a high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individual to fill the position of Health Informatics Officer in Siaya County
Overall Job Function
Reporting to the Data Manager, the Health Informatics Officer will be responsible for the implementation of solutions that will lead to real-time data collection, submission and sharing and support Health Systems in SHINDA Project.
- Design, develop, deploy and support Electronic Medical Records Systems
- Design reporting dashboards
- Support extraction and aggregation of data for program progress monitoring and reporting through the DATIM and MOH system (DHIS)
- Support facility EMR data uploading into the National Data Warehouse (NDWH).
- Design, develop and implement web-based and mobile health solutions to facilitate real-time data transmission and report sharing.
- Support EMR data cleaning and monitoring of daily data entry into the systems
- Design, development, deployment and support of electronic systems for patient monitoring, as well as the aggregate database for program monitoring and reporting to MOH and donors
- Implementation of solutions that will lead to real-time data collection, submission and sharing
- Hardware and network setup and maintenance
- Write programming scripts to perform automated data accuracy checks and generate reports of any identified inconsistencies
- Generate monthly data summaries to help track and inform on program performance
- Support the roll-out of eHTS, eVMMC, eCommunity ART, WebADIT and expansion of EMR to additional sites
- Implement the interoperability layer
- Support the roll-out and operationalization of the POC EMR systems
- Support in design, development and maintenance of other program databases/ systems such as Ushauri and Mlab
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics or Information Technology or other relevant degrees
- A minimum of four (4) years’ experience in supporting HIS solutions that are used in HIV programs in Kenya
- Experience in the design, programming and administration of transactional databases (MySQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL)
- Experience in the Windows Server and Linux Server Administration
- Experience in networking & hardware maintenance
- Experience in designing, developing, implementing and maintaining knowledge management systems that facilitate data use for decision making
- Demonstrable experience in the development and implementation of web and mobile-based solutions.
- Experience in Electronic Medical Records’ development, implementation and support
- Working knowledge of DATIM & PEPFAR reporting systems Ability to work effectively in a busy, high-pressure team environment
- Ability to prioritize workload and demonstrate outcomes on strict deadlines
- Strong oral and written communications skills
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications and detailed CV with contact details of three referees to email@example.com clearly indicating the subject title as Health Informatics Officer: CHS/HR/SP/HIO/01/2020, by 5.00 PM Tuesday, August 25 2020.
Centre for Health Solutions-Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.