Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK) is a recognized National Faith Based Organization dedicated to promoting access to quality health care through health service delivery, health systems strengthening, community systems support and partnerships. The programmes of CHAK are implemented across the country in collaboration with County Health Departments and through her 570 Member Health Facilities. Currently CHAK is implementing PEPFAR (CDC and USAID) supported HIV and AIDS projects in 19 counties in Kenya while HIV and AIDS service delivery is supported in 45 counties in the member health facilities.
In furtherance of our work in supporting HIV and AIDS in Kenya, CHAK is looking for suitable candidates for various positions to support and implement two anticipated USAID funded projects under the Kenya KHPQS named below:-
1) HIV and AIDS/ RMNCAH/FP project in Nairobi and Kajiado and
2) HIV and AIDS and OVC project in some five (4) counties in Easter and Central Kenya.
These are large and complex 5-year programmes that will require intimate and evincible county government partnerships, on one hand and the MOH and other national Mechanisms and institutions. The program is expected to work in close collaboration with other USG supported national mechanisms in an effort to building client oriented, county responsive and owned sustainable approaches to HIV and AIDS prevention and control.
The occupant will oversee all aspects of financial management, including financial systems implementation, budgeting, expenditure tracking, financial reporting and accounting for both the prime recipient and any sub-awardees. The finance Director will be required to develop mechanisms and instruments to support and strengthen county financial systems and procedures in compliance with the USAID guidelines to enable the counties take greater financial responsibilities in handling USAID project funding along the journey towards self-reliance. The Finance director will report to the COP and will work closely with the DCOP, M and E, and the Health Systems Strengthening and County liaison Director.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
· A Master’s degree in Finance, Business Administration with professional training in accounting as in CPA (K) or ACCA.
· At least 7 years demonstrated experience in recent financial management for large complex projects, of which at least 5 years were working in a large USAID or CDC funded HIV and AIDS and TB project.
· Demonstrated expertise in all aspects of project finance management including demonstrable skills in management of consortium subcounties and subgrantees
· Demonstrated experience with and knowledge of USAID regulations, USAID programs management, applicable regulations and requirements with development projects in the health sector.
· Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with county Government and MOH finance systems, USAID and other collaborating agencies and donor organizations.
How to apply
Applications with detailed CV with names & contacts of 3 referees should be sent to CHAK Secretariat by r Email using the contacts below;