Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The job holder is responsible for delivering the organizations ICT strategy, on time and within budget. They shall provide technical leadership, foresight, oversight, and relevant ICT expertise to execute timely implementation. They shall formulate and communicate operational plans and policies, ensuring their strict adherence. They shall directly lead an ICT team and indirectly other organizational members through procedures, training, and manuals to ensure maximum and proper utilization of the organization’s ICT investment. They shall offer leadership in innovation and product development through tailored and adapted solutions to suit the realities and needs across all levels of the organization in meeting the strategic needs and achievement of an excellent shared enterprise level ICT service for operational efficiency and service delivery.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Strategy Formulation, Implementation, and Budget Management.
- Participate in the formulation of the ICT strategy and annual operational plan, ensuring synergy with organizational strategic direction and Lead on the communication and implementation.
- Responsible for developing, communicating, and implementing organizational ICT policies and procedures, in accordance with the ICT strategy, ICT legislation and best practice.
- Accountable for developing and managing the multi-year ICT budget.
- Provide expertise and detail on costs in planning and budgeting for activities that have ICT components.
- Monitor compliance with ICT policies and procedures across the organization and provide checks and controls.
- Provide leadership and management in innovation related to emerging technologies and insurance.
- Provide reports and research to the board on ICT and systems
2. Data Security and Service Provider Management
- Vendor management – Lead the negotiation and delivery of Service Level Agreements with external service providers and ensuring that SLAs are achieved to a high standard, taking corrective action in line with agreed strategies and plans.
- Providing a secure and efficient network infrastructure to support enterprise software and systems and monitoring systems to aid in maintenance for effective operations and performance.
- Implement an adequate plan for disaster recovery and business continuity and carry out back-ups of the organization’s data.
- Participate in the procurement process of ICT equipment, software, and services in line with the Procurement Policy and Procedures.
- Identify and establish strategic service provider relationships to select, manage and direct providers of ICT services.
- Research hardware and software options as new needs arise, making reasoned recommendations on purchases of the appropriate option.
- Deliver all projects within approved budgets and time.
- Work closely with Risk, Internal Audit and other business units to ensure that applications are well built, secured and meet organizational security standards. Be the official Data Protection Officer of the Organization
3. ICT Support and Talent management
- Provide line management to ICT staff managing and maintaining the company’s
- Information Technology Systems & Infrastructure to facilitate business support.
- Provide training and support for ICT personnel and management at all levels of the organization
- Investigate and understand emerging technologies, explore, and evaluate them and advise on how these may be applied to the benefit of the organization
- Remain abreast of developments in computer hardware and software, and information technology to facilitate appropriate application of ICT and ability to provide up-to-date information and support.
- Play an active role in promoting excellent relationships across the company in the ICT front.
- Accountable on all aspects of performance management and provide learning and development opportunities for line managed staff.
- In charge of the training requirements, manual development, etc. of the entire organization in relation to systems deployment and capabilities.
- Deployment, management and maintenance of a help desk and ticketing system with clear escalation and timely closing of tickets
4. Innovation Management
- Develop and articulate the organization’s innovation policy
- Development and deployment of the organizations knowledge management
- Translate business needs into workable innovative technology driven solutions
- Ensure the existence and proper working of idea management infrastructure
- Interfacing of all new products and innovations with existing enterprise systems
- Degree in Computer Science, (Business) Information Technology or relevant technical or engineering degree. Any relevant post-graduate degree is an added advantage
- Proven track record at a senior level of management. Experience in leading an ICT Team in a complex organization and delivering measurable improvements in ICT service delivery within budget and on time. An MBA or any strategic training certification would be an added advantage.
- Project management certification or demonstrable experience of successful project management.
- Experience of policy development and implementation.
- Experience or certification in enterprise level systems. Knowledge of and experience working with cloud solutions and deployments.
- Well-developed networking, promotional and negotiating skills and a good communicator.
- Proven ability to manage technical experts and external service providers, including formal tendering, contract negotiation, management of commissioned work, and on- going supplier relationship management
- Demonstrable commitment to customer-focused service to achieve organizational objectives
- Proven expertise in innovation and innovation management.
- Knowledge is Cyber Security and Data Protection.
- Any other duty that may be assigned from time to time.
Applications with a detailed CV, indicating your telephone contacts with names and addresses of three referees should be emailed to email@example.com not later than 27th August 2020.