Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
DEPUTY DIRECTOR, ASSESSMENT AND CERTIFICATION – CDACC JOB GRADE 3
VACANCY NO.: CDACC/5/08/2020
NUMBER OF POSTS: ONE (1) EMPLOYMENT TERMS – FIVE (5) YEARS CONTRACT, RENEWABLE SUBJECT TO PERFORMANCE
The Deputy Director, Assessment and Certification shall be appointed on a contract of five (5) years renewable subject to performance. He/she will be answerable for the management of Assessment and Certification activities in the Council.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:-
- Coordinating the formulation, development and review of assessment and certification policies, guidelines and strategies;
- Providing advice on matters pertaining to assessment, accreditation and certification;
- Establishing assessment, accreditation and certification standards and procedures; accrediting, licensing and registering internal and external assessors and verifiers, curriculum developers and assessment centers;
- Awarding records of achievement and national certificates to successful candidates in conjunction with training providers;
- Supervising interviews of internal and external assessors, verifiers and curriculum developers;
- Initiating national, regional and international collaborations to promote competency based assessment and certification;
- Facilitating liaison between assessment centers and training institutions;
- Establishing linkages, partnerships and networks with other Quality Assurance units/institutions to enhance quality of assessment and certification;
- Ensuring maintenance of standards by assessment centers;
- Coordinating investigations and determining cases involving malpractices in assessment and certification;
- Coordinating the development and implementation of training programmes for assessors and verifiers;
- Constituting panels for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) assessment;
- Determining assessment and certification appeals from the candidates;
- Ensuring the maintenance of a data base for all certificate holders, accredited curriculum developers, assessors, verifiers and assessment centers and
- Developing performance targets, work plans and preparing budget for the department and supervising, guiding and developing staff under him/her.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPOINTMENT
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:-
- Served in the grade of Principal Assessment and Certification Officer for a minimum period of three (3) years or an equivalent position in the TVET sector in a public organization or any other reputable organization;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Engineering related courses, Information and Communication Technology, Textiles or Clothing Technology, Catering or Hospitality Management, Business Studies, Applied Sciences, Education with relevant specialization, Social Science with relevant specialization or an equivalent qualification from a recognised institution;
- Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Engineering related courses, Information and Communication Technology, Textiles or Clothing Technology, Catering or Hospitality Management, Business Studies, Applied Sciences, Education with relevant specialization, Social Science with relevant specialization or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Participated in development of at least four (4) CBET Curricula; or Facilitated in the development of at least four (4) CBET Learning Guides; or Participated in the development of at least four (4) Occupational Standards; or Facilitated in development of at least four (4) Assessment Tools; or Participated in the development of Digital Content for CBET curricula;
- Attended Leadership Management Course lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Attended Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution; and
- Certificate in computer proficiency from a recognized institution.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are invited from qualified individuals for the positions shown below. Interested and qualified people are requested to make their applications online through the Council’s website www.tvetcdacc.go.ke
Application form Link : https://jobs.tvetcdacc.go.ke/online-application
- Ongoing courses and qualifications not yet obtained by closure of the advert should not be filled in the application.
- It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Any incorrect/misleading information may lead to disqualification/legal action.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- TVET CDACC is an equal opportunity employer THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews. It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates.
- Applications should reach the Council on or before 7th September, 2020 by 5.00 m. (East African Time).