Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
DEPUTY DIRECTOR, CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT – CDACC JOB GRADE 3
VACANCY NO.: CDACC/4/08/2020
NUMBER OF POSTS: ONE (1)
EMPLOYMENT TERMS – FIVE (5) YEARS CONTRACT, RENEWABLE SUBJECT TO PERFORMANCE
The Deputy Director, Curriculum Development shall be appointed on a contract of five (5) years renewable subject to performance. He/she will be answerable for the management of curriculum development activities in the Council.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:-
- Formulation, implementation and coordination of curriculum development policies, strategies and programmes;
- Providing advisory services to the Council on all matters related to curriculum development;
- Overseeing the development of CBET curricula;
- Surveying and analyzing emerging skills trends within the labor market; overseeing national, regional and international collaborations to promote competency-based curriculum development;
- Identifying and appointing Sector Skills Advisory Committees (SSAC);
- Overseeing evaluation of curriculum and support materials for technical and vocational education and training;
- Recommending for approval of curriculum and support materials for technical and vocational education and training;
- Creating and promoting an enabling environment for public-private partnerships to promote industry and training institutions collaborations;
- Ensuring equity and access to quality curricula and curriculum support materials; defining and setting quality benchmarks in liaison with relevant Council’s organs;
- Ensuring the maintenance of a data base of all accredited CBET programmes and accredited Sector Skills Advisory Committees (SSACs);
- Liaising with special institutions for translation and transcription of TVET curricula and support materials for stakeholders with special needs;
- Spearheading the development of performance targets and work plans; overseeing finances and assets management; and
- Supervising, guiding and developing staff in the Department.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPOINTMENT
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:-
- Served in the Grade of Principal Curriculum Development Officer for a minimum period of three (3) years or in a public organization or any other reputable organization;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Engineering related courses, Architecture, Information and Communication Technology, Textiles or Clothing Technology Catering or Hospitality Management, Business Studies, Applied Sciences, Education with relevant specialization, Nutrition and Dietetics, Food Science, Social Science with relevant specialization or an equivalent qualification from a recognised institution; In addition, be in possession of at least a Diploma in Education or Technical Education or a Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) from a recognized institution;
- Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Engineering related courses, Information and Communication Technology, Textiles or Clothing Technology, Catering or Hospitality Management, Business Studies, Applied Sciences, Education with relevant specialization, Social Science with relevant specialization or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- Participated in development of at least four (4) CBET Curricula; or Facilitated in the development of at least four (4) CBET Learning Guides; or Participated in the development of at least four (4) Occupational Standards; or Facilitated in development of at least four (4) Assessment Tools; or Participated in the development of Digital Content for CBET curricula;
- Attended a Leadership Management Course lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Attended a Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution; and
- Certificate in computer proficiency from a recognized institution.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are invited from qualified individuals for the positions shown below. Interested and qualified people are requested to make their applications online through the Council’s website www.tvetcdacc.go.ke
Application form Link : https://jobs.tvetcdacc.go.ke/online-application
- Ongoing courses and qualifications not yet obtained by closure of the advert should not be filled in the application.
- It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Any incorrect/misleading information may lead to disqualification/legal action.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- TVET CDACC is an equal opportunity employer THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews. It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates.
- Applications should reach the Council on or before 7th September, 2020 by 5.00 m. (East African Time).