Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
DEPUTY DIRECTOR, CURRICULUM RESEARCH ADVOCACY AND MATERIAL DEVELOPMENT – CDACC JOB GRADE 3
VACANCY NO.: CDACC/3/08/2020
NUMBER OF POSTS: ONE (1)
EMPLOYMENT TERMS – FIVE (5) YEARS CONTRACT, RENEWABLE SUBJECT TO PERFORMANCE
The Deputy Director, Curriculum Research, Advocacy and Material Development shall be appointed on a contract of five (5) years renewable subject to performance. He/she will be answerable for the management of curriculum research advocacy and material development in the Council.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and responsibilities will entail:-
- Coordinating initiation of research to inform curriculum policies, review and development;
- Coordinating research on the economic effectiveness and impact of the approved curricula in the country/industry;
- Coordinating identification of the industry sectors or occupational skill areas in the country;
- Coordinating research on TVET training materials, tools and equipment to ascertain their effectiveness of the curriculum implementation;
- Coordinating promotion of international exchange of information on TVET;
- Coordinating promotion and sensitization of the public on the mandate of TVET CDACC;
- Coordinating receipt, evaluation and analysis of feedback and complaints from all stakeholders involved in TVET education;
- Coordinating research and analysis of emerging skills trends within the labour market with a view of developing new training programmes or phasing out the existing programmes;
- Liaising with local, regional and international CBET research and development organizations to bench mark and adopt TVET best practices;
- Coordinating printing, publishing and dissemination of approved curricula and training materials for technical and vocational education and training to TVET institutions, stakeholders and other interested parties;
- Coordinating printing, publishing and dissemination of information relating to curricula and training materials for technical and vocational education and training to TVET institutions, stakeholders and other interested parties;
- Coordinating printing, publishing and dissemination of Competency Standards to stakeholders and other interested parties;
- Promoting equity and access to quality curricula and curriculum support materials;
- Coordinating collection of document and catalogue information on curricula, curriculum support materials and innovations to create a data bank and disseminate the information to educational institutions, learners and other relevant organizations;
- Representing the Council in local, regional and international forum on CBET research and development matters;
- Coordinating printing, publishing and dissemination of all research findings to stakeholders and other interested parties.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPOINTMENT
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:-
- Served in the grade of Principal Curriculum Research, Advocacy and Material Development Officer, in the Council or a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service for at least three (3) years or any other reputable organization;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Engineering related course, Information and Communication Technology, Education, Clothing and Textiles Technology, Applied Sciences, Catering/ Tourism/Hospitality Management, Business Studies, Nutrition and Dietetics, Food Science, Applied Sciences or equivalent qualifications in the TVET field; In addition, In addition, be in possession of at least a Diploma in Education or Technical Education or a Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) from a recognized institution;
- Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Engineering related courses, Architecture, Information and Communication Technology, Textiles or Clothing Technology, Catering or Hospitality Management, Business Studies, Applied Sciences, Education with relevant specialization, Social Science with relevant specialization or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Participated in development of at least four (4) CBET Curricula; or Facilitated in the development of at least four (4) CBET Learning Guides; or Participated in the development of at least four (4) Occupational Standards; or Facilitated in development of at least four (4) Assessment Tools; or Participated in the development of Digital Content for CBET curricula;
- Attended a Leadership Management Course lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Attended a Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution; and
- Certificate in Computer Proficiency from a recognized institution.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are invited from qualified individuals for the positions shown below. Interested and qualified people are requested to make their applications online through the Council’s website www.tvetcdacc.go.ke
Application form Link : https://jobs.tvetcdacc.go.ke/online-application
- Ongoing courses and qualifications not yet obtained by closure of the advert should not be filled in the application.
- It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Any incorrect/misleading information may lead to disqualification/legal action.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- TVET CDACC is an equal opportunity employer THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews. It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates.
- Applications should reach the Council on or before 7th September, 2020 by 5.00 m. (East African Time).