Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
DIRECTOR, CORPORATE SERVICES- CDACC JOB GRADE 2
VACANCY NO.: CDACC/2/08/2020
NUMBER OF POSTS: ONE (1)
EMPLOYMENT TERMS – FIVE (5) YEARS CONTRACT, RENEWABLE SUBJECT TO PERFORMANCE
The Director, Corporate Services shall be appointed on a contract of five (5) years renewable subject to performance. He/she will be answerable to the Council Secretary/CEO, for the overall management of the Corporate Services functions.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities will entail:-
- Providing leadership in identifying and developing key strategies and policies in the corporate services;
- Overseeing the formulation, review, harmonization and implementation of the corporate services guidelines and regulations;
- Spearheading the preparation of Council papers relating to the corporate services for deliberation and decision making by the Council;
- Leading and implementing change management processes to ensure support functions provide efficient and cost effective services to the Council;
- Building capacity of the corporate services function;
- Ensuring human resource management plans are developed to ensure effective succession management in the Council;
- Ensuring institutionalization of performance management including performance appraisal in the Council;
- Developing linkages and cooperation with other stakeholders to complement the Council’s efforts in training and capacity building for the staff;
- Maintaining professional standards for the various corporate services disciplines;
- Interpreting labour laws and other statutes that impact on the corporate services functions;
- Spearheading the development of performance targets and work plans in the directorate;
- 0verseeing finances and assets management in the directorate;
- Coordinate the preparation of the departmental budgets in the Directorate; and
- Supervising, guiding and developing staff in the Directorate.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPOINTMENT
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:-
- Served in the Grade of Deputy Director in Human Resource Management and Administration or Finance or ICT for a minimum period of three (3) years or in a public organization or any other reputable organization;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Commerce, Business Administration, Public Administration; Office Management, Education, Human Resource Management, Criminology, Security Management, Mass Communication, Communication Studies, Public Relations, Journalism, Computer Science or ICT, Information Systems, Purchasing and Supply Chain Management; social science with relevant specialization or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Commerce, Business Administration, Public Administration; Office Management, Education, Human Resource Management, Criminology, Security Management, Mass Communication, Communication Studies, Public Relations, Journalism, Computer Science or ICT, Information Systems, Purchasing and Supply Chain Management; Social Science with relevant specialization or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Attended a Leadership Management Course lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Attended a Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution; and
- Certificate in computer proficiency from a recognized institution.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are invited from qualified individuals for the positions shown below. Interested and qualified people are requested to make their applications online through the Council’s website www.tvetcdacc.go.ke
Application form Link : https://jobs.tvetcdacc.go.ke/online-application
- Ongoing courses and qualifications not yet obtained by closure of the advert should not be filled in the application.
- It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Any incorrect/misleading information may lead to disqualification/legal action.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- TVET CDACC is an equal opportunity employer THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews. It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates.
- Applications should reach the Council on or before 7th September, 2020 by 5.00 m. (East African Time).