Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
DIRECTOR, TECHNICAL SERVICES – CDACC JOB GRADE 2
VACANCY NO.: CDACC/1/08/ 2020
NUMBER OF POSTS: ONE (1)
EMPLOYMENT TERMS – FIVE (5) YEARS CONTRACT, RENEWABLE SUBJECT TO PERFORMANCE
The Director, Technical Services shall be appointed on a contract of five (5) years renewable subject to performance. He/she will be answerable to the Council Secretary/CEO, for the overall management of the Curriculum Development, Assessment & Certification and Curriculum Research, Advocacy and Material Development functions.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities will entail:-
- Formulation, implementation and coordination of Curriculum Development, Assessment & Certification and Curriculum Research, Advocacy and Material Development policies, strategies and programmes;
- Providing advisory services to the Council on all matters related to Curriculum Development, assessment & certification and curriculum research, advocacy and material development;
- Overseeing the development of CBET curricula assessment and certification;
- Creating and promoting an enabling environment for public-private partnerships to promote industry and training institutions collaborations;
- Defining and setting quality benchmarks in liaison with relevant Council’s organs;
- Spearheading the development of performance targets and work plans in the directorate;
- Overseeing finances and assets management in the directorate;
- Coordinating the preparation of the departmental budgets in the Directorate; and
- Supervising, guiding and developing staff in the Directorate.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPOINTMENT
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:-
- Served in the Grade of Deputy Director in Curriculum Development or Assessment & Certification or Curriculum Research, Advocacy & Material Development or served in an equivalent position for a minimum period of three (3) years or in a public organization or any other reputable organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Engineering related courses, Information and Communication Technology, Textiles or Clothing Technology, Catering or Hospitality Management, Business Studies, Applied Sciences, Education with relevant specialization, Social Science with relevant specialization or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institution; In addition, be in possession of at least a Diploma in Education or Technical Education or a Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) from a recognized institution;
- Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Engineering related courses, Information and Communication Technology, Textiles or Clothing Technology, Catering or Hospitality Management, Business Studies, Applied Sciences, Education with relevant specialization, Social Science with relevant specialization or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Attended a Leadership Management Course lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Attended a Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution; and
- Certificate in computer proficiency from a recognized institution.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are invited from qualified individuals for the positions shown below. Interested and qualified people are requested to make their applications online through the Council’s website www.tvetcdacc.go.ke
Application form Link : https://jobs.tvetcdacc.go.ke/online-application
- Ongoing courses and qualifications not yet obtained by closure of the advert should not be filled in the application.
- It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Any incorrect/misleading information may lead to disqualification/legal action.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- TVET CDACC is an equal opportunity employer THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews. It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates.
- Applications should reach the Council on or before 7th September, 2020 by 5.00 m. (East African Time).