Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
SENIOR FINANCE OFFICER – CDACC JOB GRADE 5
VACANCY NO.: CDACC/10/08/2020
NUMBER OF POSTS: ONE (1)
EMPLOYMENT TERMS: PERMANENT AND PENSIONABLE
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:-
- Planning and coordinating accounting services; ensuring safe custody of Council’s assets;
- Developing financial controls to ensure prudent usage and management of financial resources;
- Preparing and submission of financial statements as required by the law;
- Developing and evaluating financial systems and make recommendations for improvement;
- Identifying incidences of non-compliance with laid down financial systems and financial risks facing the Council;
- Implementing effective accounting systems;
- Ensuring preparation of timely and accurate accounting management reports; authorizing payments;
- Carrying out operational performance analysis;
- Managing performance in the department;
- Maintaining effective budgetary controls;
- Ensuring implementation of financial controls and procedures;
- Overseeing the risk management of financial resources;
- Mentoring, training and appraising staff;
- Overseeing the management of the Council’s financial investment and assets;
- Supervising the preparation of the Council ’s annual work plans and budgets;
- Monitoring expenditure; ensuring expenditures are within voted allocations; and
- Prioritizing projects and activities for the purpose of financial reporting.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPOINTMENT
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:-
- Served in the grade of Finance Assistant for at least three (3) years in the public service or in a reputable organization;
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Finance option), Business Administration (Finance option), or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) IV Examination offered by Kenya Accounts and Secretaries Examination Board (KASNEB) or Part IV of the Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA) or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Management Course lasting not less than two (2) weeks from a recognized institution; and
- Certificate in computer proficiency from a recognized institution.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are invited from qualified individuals for the positions shown below. Interested and qualified people are requested to make their applications online through the Council’s website www.tvetcdacc.go.ke
Application form Link : https://jobs.tvetcdacc.go.ke/online-application
- Ongoing courses and qualifications not yet obtained by closure of the advert should not be filled in the application.
- It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Any incorrect/misleading information may lead to disqualification/legal action.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- TVET CDACC is an equal opportunity employer THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews. It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates.
- Applications should reach the Council on or before 7th September, 2020 by 5.00 m. (East African Time).