Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
SENIOR OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR – CDACC JOB GRADE 8
VACANCY NO.: CDACC/23/08/2020
NUMBER OF POSTS: ONE (1)
EMPLOYMENT TERMS: PERMANENT AND PENSIONABLE
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:-
- Typing letters, memoranda, reports, minutes, technical materials, numerical data, charts, and forms from verbal or written instructions;
- Receiving and screen visitors to the Councils office premises;
- Answering incoming calls and making outgoing calls;
- Maintaining a dairy and arranging for appointments and meetings
- Assisting with the proofreading and correcting prepared materials for correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, letter format, completeness and content.
- Sorting, opening, and distributing incoming mails to staff;
- Photocopying and binding of documents;
- Maintaining efficient filling system;
- Maintaining office records including filing of all documents, reports, correspondence and ensuring compliance with records management policies;
- Tracking the use of stationery and maintain related records pertaining to their use and inventory of resources as well as requisition of office stationery and other office equipment;
- Making arrangements for office equipment repair and maintenance services, through agency channels;
- Liaising with the Council Secretary’s driver on his/her daily movements including information on meetings location and time;
- Ensuring the smooth running of office procedures;
- Maintaining section leave and working schedules and providing administrative and secretarial support to meetings;
- Handling confidential information in a professional and discreet manner; and
- Ensuring general care of the office, security of office equipment, documents and records.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPOINTMENT
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:-
- Diploma in Secretarial Studies or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution or, Business Education Single and Group Certificates (BES & GC) in the following subjects:-
- Shorthand III (minimum 100 w.p.m.);
- Typewriting III (50 w.p.m.)/Computerized Document Processing;
- Office Management III/Office Administration and Management;
- Business English III/Communications II
- Secretarial Duties II;
- Office Practice II;
- Commerce II; and
- Excellent Communication skills; and
- Certificate in computer applications from a recognized institution.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are invited from qualified individuals for the positions shown below. Interested and qualified people are requested to make their applications online through the Council’s website www.tvetcdacc.go.ke
Application form Link : https://jobs.tvetcdacc.go.ke/online-application
- Ongoing courses and qualifications not yet obtained by closure of the advert should not be filled in the application.
- It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Any incorrect/misleading information may lead to disqualification/legal action.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- TVET CDACC is an equal opportunity employer THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews. It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates.
- Applications should reach the Council on or before 7th September, 2020 by 5.00 m. (East African Time).