Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Finance and Accounting Associate will report directly to the Senior Finance Manager and be responsible for:
- Tracking sales, expenses, and profits and maintaining accurate ledgers with Quickbooks;
- Monitoring accounts payable and receivable, following up with clients and services providers as needed;
- Providing project-level accounting support for all assigned projects including assigning resources, entering budgets for assigned projects, and meeting with project managers for new projects to ensure that the budget is
- set up correctly and reports are displayed correctly;
- Producing quarterly and annual financial statements: balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow statement;
- Maintaining company asset register.
- Act as the company bank liaison and other financial partners
- Manage company petty cash float
- Generating and maintaining pro forma financial statements and projections;
- Working closely with the product team to build and maintain Arifu’s online partner account functionality for accurately capturing project cost and client budget;
- Provide management with financial analysis-based recommendations to inform cost reduction and supportdecisions making by leadership team;
- Ensure full compliance with KRA and other government bodies;
- Carry out annual audit and support in compliance of other subsidiaries;
- Maintaining monthly project cost tracker and provide monthly reports on costs movements and projections;
- Support in monthly software and content valuation by collecting and documenting relevant information;.
For this role, we’re looking for someone who meets the following criteria:
- 5+ years of professional experience in finance and accounting;
- Degree in Accounting or Finance related field required. CPA section 4 w;
- Passion to use your skills to bring quality products and services to underserved communities;
- Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping principles and ability to generate financial statements;
- Strong analytical skills and ability to generate complex and actionable financial models in Excel;
- Humility to know what you can improve on, openness to give and receive constructive feedback, and the drive
- to invest in continued learning as you pursue mastery;
- Resourceful and proactive when generating solutions to the problems that stand in your way;
- Commitment to consistently deliver high quality work on time;
- Ability to handle the chaos of a fast-paced startup work culture and a willingness to take on additional tasks and support the work of other team members as necessary to achieve collective goals.
Compensation and Benefits:
First and foremost, we care about your success and will support you along your journey to achieving remarkable success.
We aspire to be competitive on compensation although, as an early-stage social enterprise, many on the teamwork just below market rate. To make up for that, staff are able to participate in the Arifu employee share program. We also offer
a comprehensive health insurance package and will cover the cost of a work permit for foreign staff. Other benefits include monthly airtime allowance, extra leave, a stocked kitchen, and plenty of ping-pong and foosball.
How to Apply
Send your CV and cover letter (in Word format, “FirstName LastName – The Position”) to email@example.com with the position in the subject. If we see a good fit, we’ll get back to you to set up the first conversation.