Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Project Accountant will report directly to the Senior Finance Manager and be responsible for:
- Tracking sales and maintaining accurate ledgers with Quickbooks;
- Monitoring accounts receivable and following up with clients as needed;
- Preparing and sending out monthly client statements;
- Supporting Business development team in preparing client budgets;
- Providing project-level accounting support for all assigned projects including assigning resources, entering budgets for assigned projects, and meeting with project managers for new projects to ensure that the budget is set up correctly and reports are displayed correctly;
- Reviewing all Project Management team internal project budgets and ensuring set margins are attained;
- Reviewing all project costs and ensuring they are in-line with approved project management budget;
- Ensuring that all project related costs are updated on Easy Redmine;
- Preparing and tracking monthly invoicing and collection targets;
- Preparing liquidation reports for all closed projects to show profit/loss per project;
- Working closely with the product team to build and maintain Arifu’s online partner account functionality for accurately capturing project cost and client budget;
For this role, we’re looking for someone who meets the following criteria:
- 3+ years of professional experience in finance and accounting;
- Degree in Accounting or Finance related field required. CPA or ACCA will be an added advantage;
- Passion to use your skills to bring quality products and services to underserved communities;
- Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping principles and ability to generate financial statements;
- Strong analytical skills and ability to generate complex and actionable financial models in Excel;
- Humility to know what you can improve on, openness to give and receive constructive feedback, and the drive to invest in continued learning as you pursue mastery;
- Resourceful and proactive when generating solutions to the problems that stand in your way;
- Commitment to consistently deliver high quality work on time;
- Ability to handle the chaos of a fast-paced startup work culture and a willingness to take on additional tasks and support the work of other team members as necessary to achieve collective goals.
Compensation and Benefits:
First and foremost, we care about your success and will support you along your journey to achieving remarkable success.
We aspire to be competitive on compensation although, as an early-stage social enterprise, many on the teamwork just below market rate. To make up for that, staff are able to participate in the Arifu employee share program. We also offer
a comprehensive health insurance package and will cover the cost of a work permit for foreign staff. Other benefits include monthly airtime allowance, extra leave, a stocked kitchen, and plenty of ping-pong and foosball.
How to Apply
Send your CV and cover letter (in Word format, “FirstName LastName – The Position”) to email@example.com with the position in the subject. If we see a good fit, we’ll get back to you to set up the first conversation.