Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Commission is seeking to recruit and hire a qualified and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Principal Supply Chain Management Officer which has fallen vacant: –
Principal Supply Chain Management Officer (Ref. PC/PSCMO/8/2020)
The officer shall report to the Manager, Supply Chain Management, the successful candidate will be assisting the Manager, Supply Chain Management in providing procurement professional advice to the Management, and to coordinate all procurement and asset disposal activities in the Commission. Other key responsibilities include: –
- Provide input into the annual procurement and disposal plans;
- Implement the annual procurement and disposal plans;
- Coordinate procurement and disposal activities;
- Sourcing of goods, works and services that the Commission requires;
- Prepare contract documents for goods, works and services;
- Liaise with the user department to ensure effective implementation of the procurement and assets disposal plans;
- Provide secretariat to committees’ incidental to procurement of goods and services, and disposal of assets;
- Coordinate sensitization of staff and other stakeholders on procurement related issues;
- Prepare periodic supplier performance reports;
- Prepare draft statutory reports to Public Procurement Regulatory Authority;
- Ensure compliance of all applicable procurement laws, circulars and regulations; and
- Any other duties that might be assigned to the Officer from time to time.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPOINTMENT
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have: –
- A relevant Masters’ degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics or equivalent from a recognized institution;
- A Bachelors’ degree in Commerce, Procurement and Supplies Management, or equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Diploma in Supplies Management or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Member of professional body either KISM or CIPS in good standing;
- Must have attended a management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- At least eight (8) years’ work experience in supply chain management in public service or private sector, three (3) of which must be in a Supervisory role; Experience from the public sector will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrate results in work performance;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Must have ability to interpret and apply government procurement policies, procedures and directives issued to public sector organizations; and
- Must fulfill the requirements of chapter six of the constitution.
TERMS OF SERVICE AND REMUNERATION
The appointment will be on permanent terms of employment. An attractive remunerative package, commensurate to qualifications, experience & responsibilities and in line with government guidelines will be offered to the successful applicant.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the above position. Applications should be accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae including three (3) referees, mobile telephone contact, copies of National Identity Card, relevant certificates, details of current employer and position held, current and expected salary and other testimonials.
Shortlisted applicants Must get clearance from the following bodies.
Police Clearance Certificate from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
Tax Compliance Certificate from KRA;
Leadership and Integrity Act Self Declaration Form from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC);
Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB);
Applications clearly citing the position should be sent to:
The Executive Director/CEO
P.O. Box 34542 – 00100
Extelcoms House, 11th Floor
Applications should be received not later than 5.00pm on the 8th September 2020.