Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Sports Kenya is a statutory corporation established by Sports Act 2013 with the mandate to manage and develop national sporting facilities, promote and coordinate sporting activities at the national and county levels.
The Board is seeking to recruit highly competent, proactive and self driven employee to fill the following position below;
CHIEF SUPERINTENDING ENGINEER, SCALE SK 4 REF: HR&A/CSE/01/2020
This officer will report to the Assistant Director, Facilities Management. An officer at this level will be the head of the Unit and will be responsible for the management and coordination of all Architectural, Civil/Structural Engineering works and Quantity Surveying services of Sports Kenya.
- Be in charge of all Architectural, Engineering and Quantity Surveying services;
- Plan, control and co-coordinate of design, construction supervision, repair and maintenance of buildings, roads and machinery;
- Check and recommend for approval of engineering consultants designs including: evaluation, certify and recommend fees submitted by consultants and contractors;
- To inspect and analyze the proposed construction project;
- Ensure proper designs and contract drawings for all projects are carried out;
- Ensure execution of internal manpower control/ management and preparation of material/spares requirement with all technical specification, preparation of the budget for repair and maintenance;
- Ensure Maintenance and repair works of the water system including irrigation and ground watering points equipment and controls;
- Contact person regarding the construction projects;
- Coordinate Maintenance and operations of the Central Air Conditioning Systems in V.I.P. lounges, kitchen and changing rooms, enclosed indoor games, gymnasiums V.I.P lounge, main arenas, underground warm up gymnasium etc;
- Ensure Maintenance, repair and operation of all Buildings, water pumps and related equipment in the main pump house, pressure vessels and related equipment, all swimming pool circulation pumps including backwash and chlorination of
- plants, service and maintain all water fountain circulation pumps and related fittings and equipment; and
- Any other duties that may from time to time be assigned.
For appointment to this grade, an officer Must:-
- Have at least 8 years experience in Civil Engineering works (Structural);
- Have served in the grade of a Senior Engineering position or comparable relevant position in a reputable organization for at least three (3) years;
- Have a Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering discipline from a recognized institution.
- Have Current valid annual Practicing License from the Engineers Registration Board of Kenya;
- Proficient in AutoCAD, REVIT and equivalent software;
- Be a member of the Institution of Engineers of Kenya (IEK);and
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance andresults.
Remuneration for the position is:
Basic Salary – 96,993/= to 148.067/= pm
House allowance – 45,000/= pm
Commuter allowance – 14,000/=pm
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their application letters enclosing a detailed CV, copies of academic and professional certificates, clearance from EACC, DCI and HELB and details of three referees.
The candidates should also quote the job reference number on the envelope, to reach the undersigned on or before 4th September, 2020 by close of business.
Visit our website: www.sportskenya.org for more information.
Note: Persons with disabilities, persons from minority groups and female candidates who meet the job specifications are encouraged to apply.
Canvassing both directly or indirectly will lead to automatic disqualification.
All applications should be addressed to:
The Director General
KASARANI – NAIROBI