Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Department: Corporate Support Services (CSS)
Division: Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Location / Work Station: Nairobi
- The job holder is responsible for Development, Maintenance and Support of new systems or existing business Systems
- Review business use cases
- Develop system use cases and system design specifications
- Develops new or enhance existing systems components including internal and external integrations based on agreed requirements.
- Develops standard and adhoc reports and data management scripts as requested.
- Ensures that the approved coding standards are consistently applied in every component developed
- Conducts unit testing of developed components based on agreed quality criteria.
- Prepare documentations (User manuals, Technical manuals, deployment instructions, roll back instructions, Issue and Tickets Logs etc) to ensure that they meet set quality criteria for each component.
- Should be able to package the various components of the solutions being developed.
- Participates in quality review meetings for the system
- Provide guidance to the technical teams.
- Adhere to change control procedures for the systems
- Provide support for post deployment application issues
- Fix systems issues reported through a controlled process.
- Resolves issues arising from Quality Assurance (QA) tests.
- Prepares progress status reports as guided.
- Participate in software quality assurance (UAT) of the software releases.
- Participate in monitoring the application and integrations
- Participate in software cost or effort estimation exercises
- Develop software solutions using J2EE Technologies
- Optimize database queries
- Develop Database Procedures and Packages
- Any assignment given as and when directed by management
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications or any other related field.
Required Training/knowledge in the following :
- Database Development or Administration training i.e. Oracle or PostgreSQL
- Training in Application and Web servers namely: JBOSS & Tomcat
- Training in business systems analysis techniques and tools: e.g. Enterprise Architect.
- Training in Application Development tools/IDEs: – Eclipse, MyEclipse, NetBeans
- Database Development or Administration training i.e. MySQL, MS SQL
- Training in Systems modeling and design techniques
- Training in Operating systems namely Linux, Red Hat, Unix
- Knowledge on some software packaging tools e.g. Ant
- Knowledge on software life cycle tools e.g. HP Load Runner
- Training and working knowledge of reports generation tools and data management tools e.g. Jaspersoft, Crystal Reports
- Training on Spring development Frameworks
- Source code repository and management tools e.g. SVN
Relevant Work Experience Required
- At least 1 year work experience in a busy application development and support environment
- Team player
- Results oriented
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Organizational skills
- Planning Skills
- Documentation and report writing skills
- Problem solving skills
- Negotiation skills
- All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted online by 1st September 2020.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.