Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Department: Corporate Support Services
Division: Information and Communication Technology
Location / Work Station: Nairobi
- This role is responsible for Installation and configuration of databases, data backups and restoration, database monitoring and performance tuning and securing of databases.
- Installs, deploys and configures database setups and software platforms.
- Monitors database systems performance and address potential issues to ensure services are available and running optimally;
- Carries out database changes and updates during deployments of application releases.
- Performs backups and recovery of data
- Implements relevant updates and patches
- Implements procedures that will sustain database security
- Maintains documentation for all database instance parameters and system settings
- Administers appropriate database management tools across all database instances.
- Performs appropriate database sizing activities and interface with Third Parties as required
- Provides technical assistance and subject matter expertise to Authority applications developers and Third Party vendor support
- Executes data extraction for reporting as per user request.
- Ensure conformity to ISO (9001/2015 and 27001/2013) and data security requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications or any other IT related field.
- Certification in Database administration.
- Unix/Linux Certified Systems Administrator/Microsoft Certified Engineer
- The following certifications will be an added advantage:
- COBIT 5
- Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence
- Web Application servers i.e JBoss , Oracle Weblogic
Relevant Work Experience Required:
- Have at least one (1) year hands-on experience in RDBMS installation, tuning and troubleshooting.
- Have working experience in Unix and Windows operating systems.
- Ability to manage enterprise databases on RDBMS like Oracle, Postgress, MySql and MS SQL Server.
- Demonstrate ability to diagnose and performance tune databases for optimal performance
- Experience in Programming/scripting languages such as SQL, PL/SQL
- Ability to install and configure Linux/ Windows installations
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Ability to interact confidently with users to establish what the problem is and explain the solution
- Be proactive with good analytical and problem solving skills
- Team player
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Ability to prioritize competing work commitments and deliver on time
- Passion for innovation and creativity
- High levels of integrity
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted online by 1st September 2020.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.