Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About Norda Industries
The company is a fast-growing, socially and environmentally conscious FMCG company based in Nairobi, Kenya. They manufacture high-quality food products available across the East African region. Norda Industries currently manufactures several popular food products under successful brand names each with its own identity in the market.
The company has an ambitious expansion strategy and is looking to diversify into other food products and personal and home care over the next five years.Their vision is to be recognised and respected as a leading manufacturer and distributor of fast-moving consumer goods in East Africa while ensuring sustainable financial returns to shareholders.
About the role
The Chief Operating Officer will have a key leadership role which will involve planning, directing and coordinating the general functioning of the organisation, while managing the supply chain and distribution across the country. The role holder will lead and develop the local distribution workforce, as well as develop good relations with current and potential clients.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Chief Operating Officer will form part of the senior leadership team and will be responsible for ensuring the production of high-quality products, delivered efficiently within a set budget, across different markets.
- Planning, directing and coordinating the general functioning of the organisation.
- Reviewing the operations and results of the organisation and reporting to the board of directors and governing bodies as and when required.
- Determining objectives, strategies, policies, and programmes for the organisation.
- Providing overall leadership and management to all of the core teams within the business.
- Establishing and managing budgets, controlling expenditure and ensuring the efficient use of resources.
- Authorising material, human and financial resources to implement organisational policies and programmes.
- Monitoring and evaluating the performance of the organisation against established objectives and policies.
- Consulting with managers and reviewing recommendations and reports.
- Representing the organisation at official occasions and board meetings, in negotiations and at conventions, seminars, public hearings and forums.
- Ensuring the organisation complies with the relevant legislation and regulations.
Does this sound like you?
- 12+ years overall experience out of which 5 years should be in a senior management position.
- Proven track record of growing sales within the FMCG sector with general management experience across operations, finance, and commercial functions.
- Strong understanding of general trade coupled with a proven track record of creating a route to market strategies for BoP consumers.
- Proven leader with a clear ability to unify teams around the organisation’s mission and emotional intelligence to engage with internal and external stakeholders at all levels within the organisation.
- Knowledge of ISO QMS, FSMS, EMS, OHSAS.
- Tactical planning mindset coupled with multitasking capability.
- Strong management skills with proven ability to supervise, motivate and coach senior direct reports.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to understand the market, business intelligence, and keep updated on industry-related technical developments.
- Self-starter with plenty of initiative to innovate, change or develop old ideas into new opportunities.
- Exposure to emerging markets with experience in Sub Saharan Africa/other emerging markets is preferred.
The Application Process:
Step 1: Apply for the job post here to express interest in the role.
Step 2: Now that we know you are interested, the next step involves online screening of your candidature. You will receive an email from our screening partner Shortlist (www.shortlist.net). The email would include a link where you can complete your application – a few short questions on your experience followed by an assessment to demonstrate our ability to do the job.
Shortlist will keep you updated regularly on whether or not you are shortlisted!