Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
JOB REFERENCE: NYAHUWASCO/FM/003/2020
Laikipia County is seeking to recruit a self-driven individual for the position of Finance Manager.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing leadership and strategic direction for the development of a sound Financial Framework for the Organization, implementation of the Board Financial Policy and management of overall company assets. In addition, he/she will be accountable for financial operations – billing, revenue collection and management, disbursements, accounting and financial reporting as well as providing advice and direction on the same.
- Ensure achievement of the overall financial goals of the Company
- Lead the development of policies and systems to support efficient functions framework
- iii. Lead the development of procedures and processes to assure efficient service delivery and quality of services
- Initiate, develop and maintain sound and mutual relationships and network with relevant stakeholders
- Provide sound leadership and supervision to staff in the department while ensuring proper books of account are maintained and comply with the accepted international standards
- Ensure compliance with approved budgets and timely reporting of the department’s performance as well as cash flow management
- Lead the development of a sound budgeting and budgetary control framework for the company
- Monitor the company’s budgetary performance highlighting key variances for management action
- Lead the revenue growth diversification of the company and monitor the company’s performance including revenue growth patterns and productivity
- Accurate and timely generation of Financial Reports and preparation of special reports as required by management, stakeholders and regulatory authorities
- Ensure the company’s compliance in relation to tax and other statutory regulations
- Coordinate external Audit Preparation and respond on issues raised to management
- Approve all bill adjustments and act as the signatory to all bank accounts
- Management of financial risk and the revenue collection process
- Perform any other duties & responsibilities that may be assigned by management.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Business Management, Finance or Accounting from a recognized university
- A Masters in Business, Finance or Accounting
- Full professional qualification in either ACCA or CPA (K)
- Membership to the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) with year 2020 membership certificate
- At least Eight (8) years of experience in utility management or service industry, three (3) of which should have been in a senior management position
- Proficiency in ICT with strong MS office and internet use knowledge
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Strong analytical and excellent communication skills
- Good interpersonal relations skills
- Strong leadership and problem solving skills
- Must satisfy the requirements of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya on Leadership and integrity through provision of;-
- Current certificate of good conduct from Directorate of Criminal Investigation Department
- Current Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority
- A clean and current report from an approved credit reference Bureau (CRB)
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
The appointment will be for a contract term of 3 YEARS renewable subject to satisfactory performance evidenced by continuous achievement of performance targets.
How to Apply
Application packages in sealed envelopes which include a cover letter, CV of not more than 5 pages and certified copies of certificates and testimonials should be sent by post or courier to: –
Board of Directors
Nyahururu Water and Sanitation Company Ltd
Hekima Building, Kenyatta Avenue
P.O. Box 952-20300
In addition to the Hard copy of the application, a soft copy should be sent to email@example.com before the expiry of the closing date with the Job Reference No. as the email subject.
- The Job Reference No. should be clearly marked on the left top corner of the outer envelope of the application package
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Canvassing in any way will lead to automatic disqualification
CLOSING DATE: 3rd September 2020, 17:00 Hours