Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
JOB REFERENCE: NYAHUWASCO/MD/001/2020
Nyahururu Water and Sanitation Company LTD, a public water utility company fully owned by the County Government of Laikipia and with a mandate to provide water and sanitation services in Laikipia County is seeking to recruit a self-driven individual for the position of Managing Director.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing strategic leadership to the water utility positioning it for rapid growth and leading cultural transformation. The person appointed shall head the management team and shall oversee the company’s functions and operations. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the incumbent will ensure implementation of the board’s decisions as well as establish long-term goals, strategies, plans and policies that are aimed at improving performance, service delivery, attaining growth and improving operational efficiency.
- Developing, reviewing and implementing the Company’s strategic plan;
- Developing and implementing policies and procedures aimed at giving the utility competitive advantage while adhering to all statutory and regulatory guidelines;
- Coordinating the development and implementation of the annual business plans, budget and
- procurement plans for approval by the board;
- Enhancing customer service by establishing innovative customer interaction solutions for the water utility;
- Leading a cultural transformation and organizational restructuring to position the utility as a leader in the water sector;
- Driving Business automation to leverage on technology and improve on operational efficiency, effectiveness and business growth;
- Ensuring regulatory compliance and implementation of high standards of internal controls and procedures;
- Engaging with and successfully managing strategic relationships with the County Government, the Board of directors, regulatory bodies, development partners, investors and other key stakeholders;
- Identifying, nurturing and developing appropriate human resource to deliver exceptional customer service, achieve targets and effectively deliver on the Company’s business plans;
- Identifying and developing innovative solutions to increase water and sanitation coverage;
- Communicating and liaising with the regulators, and keeping the county government, the Board and other key stakeholders, promptly and fully informed;
- Any other duties assigned by the Board of Directors.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Civil or Water), Finance, Economics ,Environmental science or Business Management from a recognized university
- A postgraduate qualification in Project Management, Finance management or Strategic management
- Be registered with the relevant professional body and be a member of good standing in the current year
- Possess a minimum of 10 (ten) years’ experience in utility management or service industry, 5 (five) of which should be in senior management
- Should have extensive knowledge and experience of the water sector and water sector reforms and laws governing water and sanitation service provision in Kenya
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with highly demonstrable competencies in strategy formulation and implementation, building shared vision, championing customer focus and managing people in a multi-cultural environment
- Should possess good knowledge on ethics, governance and operations of Boards
- Training in corporate governance
- Excellent knowledge of IT Systems
- Knowledge of Public Procurement and Disposal Act, procurement rules and guidelines
- Must satisfy the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya on Leadership and Integrity through provision of;-
- Current certificate of good conduct from Directorate of Criminal Investigation Department
- Current Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority
- A clean and current report from an approved credit reference Bureau (CRB)
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Must be a dedicated person with a proven track record
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
The appointment will be for a contract term of 3 YEARS renewable subject to satisfactory performance evidenced by continuous achievement of performance targets.
How to Apply
Application packages in sealed envelopes which include a cover letter, CV of not more than 5 pages and certified copies of certificates and testimonials should be sent by post or courier to: –
Board of Directors
Nyahururu Water and Sanitation Company Ltd
Hekima Building, Kenyatta Avenue
P.O. Box 952-20300
In addition to the Hard copy of the application, a soft copy should be sent to email@example.com before the expiry of the closing date with the Job Reference No. as the email subject.
- The Job Reference No. should be clearly marked on the left top corner of the outer envelope of the application package
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Canvassing in any way will lead to automatic disqualification
CLOSING DATE: 3rd September 2020, 17:00 Hours