Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages: English
Oracle has an outstanding track record for delivering business value in the communications industry.
Only Oracle offers packaged hardware, software and/or Cloud-based solutions that deliver end-to-end support for the key business processes for communications companies, from service creation, offer management, and order orchestration, through provisioning, signaling and session delivery, to billing, revenue assurance, and reporting.
Organization and job descriptions
Oracle Communications solutions span the communications industry landscape — from cross-channel customer experience and business and operational support systems, to network service and session delivery and control solutions — enabling service providers and enterprises to deliver and monetize innovative digital lifestyle services, build strong customer relationships, and streamline operations. For more information please visit http://www.oracle.com/communications.
Within the Oracle Communications product portfolio, Network Products enables trusted, first-class delivery of legacy and next-generation solutions across core networks for Service Providers (2G/3G, LTE, 5G, Cloud Native, IoT). The company Network solutions are deployed by more than 300 operators in 120 countries.
Oracle has made Network Products a core offering in its Oracle Communications portfolio to enable operators to more rapidly innovate while simplifying their IT and network infrastructures.
This combination is expected to provide our customers with an expanded portfolio of world-class solutions to help them create even greater value for their customers.
The position of the Key Account Manager for Eastern Africa drives the continued growth of the customer base in the region, especially managing global relationship and growth with Airtel Africa (including navigating efficiently in Bharti Group as well as within the related OpCos), developing the OpCos of the other Global Accounts (MTN, Vodacom/Safaricom, Orange, etc.) in cooperation with the Global Account Managers and addressing directly the other Service Providers in the region with a specific focus on fast growing markets such as Kenya, Ethiopia, DRC, Tanzania, Uganda, etc.
The successful candidate will be responsible for sales of Oracle Communications Network solutions towards these Key Customers in this region, especially balancing efficiently the different dimensions in the power map of Global Service Providers like Airtel/Bharti, MTN, Vodafone and Orange.
- Proactive Key Account Management towards Service Providers in the region as well as with Airtel Africa Group
- Positioning and sales of our unique and integrated core network solutions by actively creating and developing new sales opportunities in the field of:
- Core Networks and related higher level applications
- Session Products: SBC for access and interconnect, Session Router, MS Teams, SIP Trunking, Hosted IP PBX, Unified Communications, etc.
- Signaling: SS7/SIGTRAN, Diameter Routing Function, SCP, etc.
- Core Network Monitoring
- 5G Core
- Develops target account sales strategies
- Develops executive relationships with the Global Service Providers and other Tier 1s/Tier 2s in the region – both customers and prospects
- Builds the business case for the adoption of the Company’s value proposition with Airtel Africa Group HQs and with other Service Providers in the region
- Develop strategies and plans to meet or exceed quarterly and yearly bookings quotas
- Drive channel with proactive and professional Partner Management aimed at developing funnel, improving efficiency in deal closings, growing revenues and expanding sales coverage
- Further develops opportunities at the assigned customers in the region
- Works closely with other internal functions such as Sales Engineering and Engineering to address complex solutions to customer needs
- Conducts sales presentations and prepares proposals for Customers
- Technical University Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Telecommunications or similar
- Extensive experience in sales, technical presales or similar fields at key players in the telecom network industry including substantial period with a personal quota target
- Successful sales track in the assigned region, personal network in place
- Strong selling experience up to C-level into Groups like Airtel, MTN, Vodafone/Vodacom, Orange (with extensive connections and navigating capabilities at both Operating Companies level and Group Engineering/Procurement level) as well as with other Eastern African Service Providers
- Good knowledge of mobile and fixed networks
- Good knowledge of core network elements and their connectivity / load-sharing / engineering / planning
- Experience and knowledge in Session Management, Signaling, Policy Management, Network Monitoring, NFV, CNE
- Multi-cultural, high caliber sales professional
- Results and detail orientated
- Strong in closing deals
- Solid professional funnel management & forecasting skills
- Fluent in English (French, Arabic, Swahili, Amharic, etc. are positive advantages)
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Sells a subset of product or services directly or via partners to a large number of named accounts/non-named accounts/geographical territory (mainly Tier 3 accounts).
Primary job duty is to sell business applications software/solutions and related services to prospective and existing customers. Manage sales through forecasting, account resource allocation, account strategy, and planning. Develop solution proposals encompassing all aspects of the application. Participate in the development, presentation and sales of a value proposition. Negotiate pricing and contractual agreement to close the sale. Identify and develop strategic alignment with key third party influencers.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 8 years applicable experience including 7 years of sales experience. Successful sales track record. Ability to penetrate accounts, meet with stakeholders within accounts. Oracle knowledge and/or knowledge of Oracle’s competitors. Interaction with C level players. Team player with strong interpersonal /communication skills. Excellent communication/negotiating/closing skills with prospects/customers. Travel may be needed. Bachelor degree or equivalent.
Click Here To Apply
As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).