Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Org. Setting and Reporting
The United Nations Environment is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment. This position is located in the Private Sector Unit, Governance Affairs Office of the United Nations Environment, at the Nairobi duty station. Under the direct guidance and supervision of the Head, Private Sector Unit, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Supports the implementation of the corporate Strategy for Private Sector Engagement of UNEP, in collaboration with Divisions, Regional Offices and Secretariats of Multilateral Environmental Agreements administered by UNEP.
- Organizes activities related to Private Sector engagement during the United Nations Environment Assembly (UNEA), such as the Sustainable Innovation Expo and other events.
- Supports the development of outreach and communication platforms to enhance private sector engagement, including by updating the website content and developing success stories.
- Works with key clients to facilitate the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes/projects related to private sector engagement; reviews relevant documents and reports; identifies problems and issues to be addressed and proposes corrective actions; liaises with relevant parties; identifies and tracks follow-up actions.
- Carries out basic assignments, in collaboration with the client, including private sector representatives, by planning facilitating workshops, through other interactive sessions and assisting in developing the action plan the client will use to manage the change.
- Provides substantive support in policy development, including the review and analysis of issues and trends, preparation of evaluations or other research activities and studies.
- Assists in performing survey initiatives; designs data collection tools; reviews, analyzes and interprets responses, identifies problems/issues and prepares conclusions.
- Prepares various written outputs, e.g. draft background papers, analysis, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications.
- Provides substantive support to consultative and other meetings, conferences, etc., to include proposing agenda topics, identifying participants, preparation of documents and presentations.
- Undertakes outreach activities with business networks; conducts training workshops, seminars, etc.; makes presentations on assigned topics/activities. Participates in field missions, including provision of guidance to external consultants, government officials and other parties and drafting mission summaries.
- Coordinates activities related to budget and funding (programme/project preparation and submissions, progress reports and financial statements) and prepares related documents/reports (pledging, work programme, programme budget.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business administration, management, economics or a related field is required. A first-level university degree in combination with two (2) additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
A minimum of two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in private sector engagement, project/programme management and administration is required.
Relevant experience working with UN or other inter-governmental organizations on similar assignments is desirable.
Experience in planning and organizing international events and/or conferences is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
Job openings advertised on the Careers Portal will be removed at 11:59 p.m. (New York time) on the deadline date 07 September 2020.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.