Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT GENERAL- JG ‘P’ (1 POST)
Terms of Service: Permanent
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitoring implementation of Accounting standards and systems for compliance; including Integrated Financial Management Information System (IFMIS) operations;
- Follow up on Audit matters including compilation of County Treasury memorandum in respect of County department allocated to the officer;
- Follow up implementation of Public Accounts Committee recommendations for the departments allocated to officer;
- Preparation of Bi-annual Accounts;
- Consolidation of cash flow projections submitted by Departments; and maintaining a check-list of returns and reports received from Departments to ensure compliance with law and Treasury circulars.
- Assisting in administration of the Accounting Unit;
- Assisting the Head of the Accounting unit to provide advisory services to the Accounting Officer and other stake holders on all financial and accounting matters in the Department;
- Preparation of management and statutory reports including final accounts;
- Assisting in the development of supplementary financial regulations and procedures to enhance internal controls established through normal Treasury regulations and procedures;
- Setting targets for the accounts staff and evaluating achievements;
- Overseeing the processing of funding arrangements to County in the Department and ensuring compliance with Treasury regulations and procedures;
- Authorization of payments and signing of cheques subject to set limits;
- Supervision, training, development and deployment of accounts staff in the accounting unit;
- Handling disciplinary matters for the head of accounting unit;
- Providing advisory services to the County departmental heads and other stakeholders on all financial and accounting matters;
- Participating and advising in Tender Committees, County Executive Committees, County Development Committees etc.;
- Interpretation and implementation of financial regulations and procedures, Treasury circulars, letters and instructions;
- Ensuring expenditures are within the allocations and developing supplementary financial regulations and procedures to enhance internal controls established through normal treasury regulations and procedures;
- Provision of quality and timely accounting services in the County including maintenance of appropriate and up to date accounting records;
- Preparation of management financial reports which include monthly expenditure returns, monthly bank reconciliations, revenue/AIA returns, cash flow statements, analysis of deposits etc;
- Any other relevant duties assigned by the Head of Accounting unit.
Requirement for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, the officer must have: –
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or any other business related course;
- Master’s degree in any of the following: Commerce, Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or their equivalent qualification from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
- Passed Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Final Examination or its recognized equivalent;
- Registered with the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) and Registration of Accountants Board (RAB);
- Served in the grade of Principal Accountant, Job Group ‘N’ or in a comparable and relevant position in the public service for a minimum period of five (5) years;
- Must have attended a Senior Management Course from Kenya School of Government
- Satisfy the requirement of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on Leadership and Integrity.
All applicants are expected to attach copies of the following additional documents
- Tax Compliance Certificate.
- Clearance from HELB where necessary. Clearance from the Ethics and anti-Corruption Commission.
- Certificate of good conduct from the police.
- CRB Certificate.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit their applications together with copies of their detailed curriculum Vitae, Academic and Professional Certificates, Testimonials, National Identity card or Passport, and Clearance certificates and addressed to ;-
West Pokot County Public Service Board
P.O Box 577 – 30600
Hand delivered applications can be submitted at County Public Service Board Offices located at former ASAL Building next to Police Station.
The County Government of West Pokot is an equal opportunity employer. Youth, Women, person living with Disabilities, Marginalized and Minority Communities are encouraged to apply.
You can access the advertisement details on our website www.westpokot.go.ke and submit online applications through our email firstname.lastname@example.org
Canvasing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Applications should be received on or before Friday 4th September, 2020 at 5.00 P.m.