Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
ABOUT FSD AFRICA
Created in 2012, FSD Africa (FSDA) is a multi-million-pound financial sector development programme based in Nairobi. It is funded by the UK Government’s Department for International Development (DFID) and aims to reduce poverty across sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) by building financial markets that are efficient, robust and inclusive.
FSD Africa is a market facilitator or catalyst. It applies a combination of resources, expertise and research to address financial market failures and deliver a lasting impact, working on issues that relate to both ‘financial inclusion’ and ‘finance for growth’.
FSD Africa is also a regional platform. It fosters collaboration, best practice transfer, economies of scale and coherence between development agencies, donors, financial institutions, practitioners and government entities with a role in financial market development in SSA.
The HR Officer is responsible for providing logistical and administrative support to FSD Africa’s staff and managers; ensuring that all of the procedures and routines that are necessary for effective people management are carried out on time and to standard. He/she will support senior professionals in the Operations department, and external consultants, who have responsibility for developing strategy. The role would therefore suit a capable new graduate who is keen to learn. An ability to work hard and turn theory into practice in support of a busy organisation is essential.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ROLE REQUIREMENTS
Recruitment & On-Boarding
Coordinate recruitments according to good practice, aiming to attract and recruit candidates who go on to give a good performance in the role:
- Liaise with the HR team and the recruiting manager to clarify the nature of any vacancy; ensuring that a job description is developed or updated with clear specification of the technical and behavioural competencies required
- Participate in the development of a recruitment and selection plan; ensure clarity concerning the assessment methods & tools that will be used and the team members/consultants who will be involved
- Manage all aspects of the recruitment process; ensuring good communication with all involved (staff, candidates, consultants) and ensuring that the plan (above) is delivered on time and to standard.
- Manages all documentation during recruitment, on-boarding and personnel management of employees
- Manage the on-boarding and probation period of new staff; liaising with management to ensure that they are performing as expected and providing appropriate support / corrective action if not. Facilitates all aspects of on-boarding programs for new hires.
FSD Africa Talent Management
Support line managers in ensuring that talent management activities are carried out in a manner that will optimise staff performance and engagement:
- Support managers in scheduling and documenting annual target setting and appraisals
- Collate the learning & development needs identified during appraisals together into a master list of needs across the whole organisation; liaise with the Head of L&D to develop and implement a strategy to address the needs
- Take the lead in developing and implementing an employee well being strategy; including liaising with the Director HR & Talent Management to administer employee benefits appropriately
- Keep the staff HR tracking system up to date, ensuring that all required information is entered and flagging any areas of concern to management; producing any periodic reports that are required
- Provide support and advice to both staff and management on HR matters; at all times representing FSDA positively and seeking to effectively resolve any conflicts & grievances according to good practice
FSD Network Talent Management
Support the Director HR & Talent Management in implementing an impactful portfolio of talent management interventions that will build the capacity of FSD Network Members to implement best practice in people management:
- Provide administrative support to the delivery of training programmes and other events run by FSD Africa’s senior managers; including managing participants, booking facilities, making travel arrangements, printing materials, overseeing logistics during events
- Facilitate the Director HR & Talent Management by scheduling, liaising with Sr.Manager Talent Management to set agenda, keeping minutes and following up on matters arising
- Provide support and advice and respond to any HR related queries raised by network members; includes ensuring that the intranet resources on good practice in HR management are up to date
- Manage projects / liaise with consultants engaged in FSD Network talent management interventions, as requested by the Director HR & Talent Management
HR Admin & Compliance
Key result area:
- Liaise with the insurance provider to enroll new hires to all benefit programs and manage FSD Africa’s staff insurance scheme; ensuring that policies are renewed on time, that staff are guided in how to meet the requirements of the scheme and that all necessary administration is carried out
- Support the Director HR & Talent Management in periodically reviewing FSD Africa’s staff handbook, procedures and systems; ensuring that they are administered in compliance with local labour law and present good practice in HR management
- Ensure that all legal/statutory requirements associated with the employment of staff by FSD Africa are fulfilled (including immigration requirements and contracting)
- Manage the employee HR records; ensuring that all required information is on file, retained for the statutory time period and disposed of thereafter, in compliance with FSD Africa’s data management policies.
- Coordinate with Auditors on any HR documentation required for routine and scheduled compliance reviews
- Prepare for and support audits; ensure that any corrective actions relating to HR management are closed out in a timely manner
- Implement all aspects of the Risk Management framework relating to HR Management
Carry out any other duties or special assignments as assigned by the Management.
PERSON SPECIFICATIONS – ESSENTIAL AND DESIRABLE
Qualifications and Education
- Degree level
- Either professional membership of Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development or other certificating body OR the degree is in Human Resource Management
- Excellent written and spoken English
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Extensive knowledge of best practice in HR Management is essential
- Evidence of ability to apply theory to a real situation logically and ethically
- Good skills in MS Office (word and excel)
- As indicated by the competency framework below – high drive for results and an ability to be organised plus outstanding interpersonal skills
- Work experience / internship in a similar role with a reputable organization
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment
- Languages: French, local African languages
Application Deadline: 4th September, 2020