Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reporting to the Chief Manager Credit, the Credit Portfolio Team Leader will be responsible for.
- Managing the assigned portfolios.
- Ensure proper loan analysis and appraisal
- Guarantee proper loan monitoring.
- Deliver superb Customer Relationship Management
- Ensure efficient collection of outstanding loans to maintain the recommended PAR levels.
- KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct thorough due diligence and checks before disbursing a facility and there after engaging clients for post-review dynamics in the event circumstances changes.
- Loan analysis- Support the Branch Credit Officers to collect, verify and analyze information to help in determining whether the borrower qualifies for the facility given his/her personal entrepreneurial business/venture skills, macro-economic market outlook and the amount of their investments/equity in their businesses/ventures.
- In collaboration with the Chief Manager – Credit, review and update the qualification of risk during the analysis of the credit proposal and during the life of the loan once disbursed.
- Support the execution of ‘’due diligence’’ of businesses in every stage of the loan’s application to ensure well informed decision making and qualification of the risk involved. Critically analyze the financial statements and apply financial, commercial, environmental, and social criteria to the actual and considered credits, providing recommendation for payment, and monitoring of disbursed loans.
- Loan appraisals- examine a Customer’s capability and securitization/collateralization, subjecting the borrower to a rigorous business/personal checks with the aim of determining whether the client has current or potential cash flows to make good the loan obligation and whether the client has a collateral/security in the event of adversity.
- Client relationship – continual interaction and communication with clients, in collaboration with the Business Development Department enhance value addition to clients through skills enhancement at their establishments & farms, and more so resolving their complaints regarding the SACCO facilities and services.
- Loan monitoring- post-loan analysis & appraisal that may lead if necessary, to restructuring and rescheduling of the facilities in case of change e.g. a disruption in macro-economic business environment/Covid-19/drought/fiscal policies.
- Debt collection – Where some facilities fall due in a portfolio follow the best remedial strategies of communication through mobile phones, emails, demand letters and ultimately guarantorship and collateralization.
- Monitoring of Portfolio at Risk (PAR) in the assigned portfolios and advising management on areas of concern.
- Ensuring collection and recovery systems are compliant with all relevant legislation and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure Client contract compliance in line with loan agreement/ approved terms and conditions.
- Prepare daily and monthly reports and any other report as may be required by the Management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business-related field.
- Professional credit qualification e.g. Certified Credit Professional
- Excellent Analytical skills
- Excellent Report writing skills
- Good Negotiation skills
- Superb Customer service skills
- Good Planning and Organizing skills
- Good Interpersonal skills
- People management skills
- Problem solving skills
At least 4 years’ experience in a busy Credit Department in a Financial Institution
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the above criteria, Please send your CV and cover letter detailing your experience and qualifications for the job and address it to email@example.com , also indicate your current and expected remuneration.
All applications should be made on or before Wednesday 26th August 2020, clearly indicate on the email subject the position for which you are applying for.