Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) department of the Corporate Security Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Brief Posting Description
Reporting to the Head of Department; Enterprise Risk Management, the role holder has the responsibility to build a strong Risk Management culture through implementation of the Enterprise Risk Management framework and a solid insurance function that provides an optimal insurance portfolio for the business whilst exploring all other insurance opportunities for the company.
- Develop a rolling 3-year Insurance strategy
- Manage Insurance Company Portfolio & Projects including oversight on underwriting, claims Administration & Insurance Advisory
- Support the ERM function in the facilitation of Operational and Strategic risk assessments, conducting reviews on the implementation of risk mitigation action plans and preparing summary report of findings
- Support implementation of the Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) solution across the organization
- Identify key stakeholders both internal & external that impact the insurance delivery framework and ensure full alignment and engagement.
- Refresh insurance strategy on an annual basis in readiness for annual insurance renewal program
- Identify areas of engagement with the insurance regulator where necessary
- Keep abreast of all key insurance developments within the insurance industry-locally, regionally and internationally
- Conduct regular evaluation on the adequacy of insurance covers and recommend and institute appropriate revision where necessary.
- Plan for, coordinate and manage the tender process for appropriate brokers, underwriters and insurance covers.
- Oversee administration of all insurance policies as performed by the insurance broker, escalating and resolving issues with broker and Safaricom management as necessary.
- Collate companywide risk summary to be presented to Senior Management and Board Audit Committee
- Plan and conduct appropriate Risk Management awareness initiatives across the business to ensure risk appreciation and upscale the risk culture
- Upper second-class degree in Business or Commerce from a recognized University
- Full certification in Insurance – ACII, AIIK
- Risk Management certification – Cert IRM,Dip IRM,FRM
- Relevant post-graduate education is an added advantage
- At least 4 years working experience managing an insurance program for a Corporate
- Detailed knowledge of cross functional operations and impact of one department to another
- Excellent report writing, interpersonal skills and presentation skills
- Results oriented and work with minimum supervision
Note to Applicants
As part of the interview process, external candidates should prepare the following documentation which will be required as soft copies at a later stage based on your performance in the interviews/assessments.
- a) An updated CV with contacts of three referees, 2 who must be professional and must have supervised you at some point, the other referee can be a colleague in the same professional field.
- b) Kenyan Certificate of Good Conduct (Less than 1 year old) or a receipt of the same from the CID pending release of the hardcopy document.
- c) Clearance certificate from a reputable Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
- d) University Diploma/Degree Certificate/ Letter of completion from University in case you have not received your diploma/degree certificate.
- e) National ID/Passport.
How To Apply
Last Date to Apply: Aug 28, 2020
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, kindly proceed to update your candidate profile on the recruitment portal and then Click on the apply button. Remember to attach your resume.
Persons with Disabilities (PwD) and Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.