Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Location: Kitisuru, Nairobi
Terms of Service: 1-year Contract (renewable on satisfactory performance)
Salary: KES 22,000 Monthly
Job Posting: 24th August 2020
Who are we?
Named after the beautiful, ancient, iconic cattle breed of East Africa, the Ankole Watusi, we aspire to bring you a unique African steak – house experience!
We invite you to be part of our team by submitting your application to the following role based in Nairobi.
Main Purpose & Scope The Job: The Head Steward will supervise the cleaning of all the Food & Beverage production areas and kitchen wares from all outlets by Kitchen Stewards in accordance with Ankole Grill policies, procedures, and standards established to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
- Supervise the operation and maintenance of cleaning equipment and tools, including the dish washing machine, hand wash stations pot-scrubbing station, and trash compactor.
- Operate and maintain cleaning equipment and tools, including the dish washing machine.
- Supervise the washing and disinfecting of the kitchen and storeroom areas, tables, tools, knives, and equipment as per Ankole Grill guidelines.
- Work with the Events team to set up conference and banquet areas.
- Supervise the disposal, collection, and cleaning of the refuse area.
- Assist in the creation of weekly schedules ensuring you maintain adequate staffing levels to meet business demands and maintaining staff budgeting.
- Check the daily function sheet and make sure that the buffet dishes and other kitchen equipment needed for the function are ready when needed.
- Assign effective work schedules to Kitchen Stewards.
- Maximize productivity from all steward staff under your shift.
- Report any maintenance and or hazard issues to the supervisor on duty.
- Ensure the safe storage, care and use of any chemicals, as per Ankole Grill guidelines.
- Adhere to the daily checklists and notify management of any discrepancies.
- Adhere to scheduled work times by reporting promptly as scheduled.
- Ensure all equipment is clean and in good working order
- Check all chemical levels and inventory.
- Keep a record of all breakage as per Ankole Grill guidelines.
- Trains staff on proper use and dilution and dosage of all kinds of cleaning detergents.
- To assist the stewards on your shift when they are preparing for a special cleaning program or big event.
- Minimize the wastage of all operating supplies, in particular chemicals.
- In addition to the above, the Head Steward may be given such other duties, as the Management may deem necessary.
- 3 years’ experience in the hospitality industry in a similar role preferably in a 4 star or 5 Star establishment.
- Excellent leadership motivation and team building skills.
- High school graduate or equivalent experience. Hospitality certification is a plus,
- HACCP and hygiene training.
- Strong safety and hygiene awareness.
- Understanding of maintenance of kitchen equipment.
- Knowledgeable about the culinary industry.
- Organized, can delegate tasks well and work in a high stress environment.
- Be open to working flexible shifts and on weekends and holidays.
- Include passport picture, current & expected salary with your CV.
Are you interested in this position and do you meet the minimum requirements?
Apply by sending an email with your CV and a convincing cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Include passport picture, current, expected salary and notice period with your CV.
The application deadline is 6th September 2020.
Due to the urgency to fill the position, shortlisting will be done on an ongoing basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.