Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Location: Kitisuru, Nairobi
Terms of Service: 1 year Contract (renewable on satisfactory performance)
Salary: KES 25,000 Monthly
Job Posting: 24th August 2020
Who are we?
Named after the beautiful, ancient, iconic cattle breed of East Africa, the Ankole Watusi, we aspire to bring you a unique African steak – house experience!
We invite you to be part of our team by submitting your application to the following role based in Nairobi.
Main Purpose & Scope The Job: The Host/Hostess will be responsible for greeting and seating guests in the restaurant. The Host/Hostess will ensure that guests to the restaurant are greeted courteously and promptly and assisted with any needs in accordance with Ankole Grill Limited policies, procedures, and standards established to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
- Greet incoming guests warmly with a pleasant smile and eye contact.
- Welcome guests to the restaurant promptly and professionally and seat them with menus and wine list as per Ankole Grill guidelines.
- Document customer feedback to the restaurant manager
- Dealing with any guest issues but escalating any which cannot be resolved on the spot.
- Controlling guest traffic to various stations.
- Ensure reservations book is up to date and any bookings communicated to team
- Assisting waiters if and when they get overwhelmed.
- Interacts with guests in and as they leave the restaurant to ensure positive dining experience and give guests a pleasant parting comment and invite them back
- Ensure place settings are appropriate and each guest has a napkin, clean silverware, and any other item that is part of the Ankole Grill standard place setting.
- Move and arrange tables, chairs, and settings and organize seating for groups with special needs.
- Advise guests who their assigned waiter/waitress will be as per Ankole Grill guidelines.
- Ensure the reservation diary is kept up to date with all guest names, telephone numbers, guest information and special requests.
- Adhere to the daily checklists and notify management of any discrepancies.
- Check menus to ensure they are current, clean, plentiful, and wrinkle-free.
- Adhere to scheduled work times by reporting promptly as scheduled.
- Acquire a working knowledge and local information to respond to guest questions in these areas as required.
- In addition to the above, the Hostess may be given such other duties, as the Management may deem necessary.
- 3 years’ experience in the hospitality industry in a similar role preferably in a 4 star or 5 Star establishment.
- Diploma or Certificate in Food and Beverage Service and Sales or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Hospitality certification is a plus.
- Bilingual international or local languages are a plus.
- Excellent reading, verbal and written English skills.
- Passionate about food, beverage and customer service
- Pleasant and empathetic with people
- Good mathematical computation skills
- Excellent personal hygiene and grooming habits.
- Strong customer service oriented with a lively, energetic, and outgoing personality.
- Well-organized and detail oriented.
- Have a high degree of emotional intelligence and a high level of self-confidence.
- Be able to remain rational and calm under pressure.
Are you interested in this position and do you meet the minimum requirements?
Apply by sending an email with your CV and a convincing cover letter to email@example.com
Include passport picture, current, expected salary and notice period with your CV.
The application deadline is 6th September 2020.
Due to the urgency to fill the position, shortlisting will be done on an ongoing basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.