Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Financial Reporting Centre invites applications from suitable individuals to fill the following position
REF: CL2/06/2020 – LEGAL OFFICER, FRC GRADE 6 ONE (1) POST
The Legal Officer will report to the Senior Legal Officer.
Duties and responsibilities:-
- Implementing and reviewing legal policies and procedures to ensure that they are in accordance with the existing legislation;
- Drawing, reviewing and vetting of contracts, agreements and other legal documents;
- Collecting relevant background information and documentation in order to respond to legal requests;
- Identifying legal and compliance risks;
- Compiling contract documentation for preparation and related documents for the Centre;
- Coordinating handling of cases involving the FRC between the departments and external lawyers;
- Providing of day to day legal and regulatory support to the functional areas of the FRC;
- Attending court hearings as neccessary;
- Maintain current knowledge of changes in legislation concerning operations of the Centre;
- Preparing legal reports per requirements; and
- Undertaking legal research.
- Have a Bachelor of Laws degree from a recognized institution;
- Have a postgraduate Diploma in Legal Studies from the Council of Legal Education;
- Been admitted as an Advocate of the High Court;
- Hold a valid practicing certificate;
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution; and
- Must be a citizen of Kenya
Key Competencies and Skills
- Good legal drafting and litigation skills;
- Good critical and analytical skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- High level of judgement and integrity;
- Interpersonal and negotiation skills;
- Knowledge of all applicable laws, rules and regulations;
- High attention to detail;
- Discretion in handling confidential information; and
- Proficiency in computer applications.
How to Apply
If you can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the specified criteria for any of the above positions, please download and complete and the application form available at https://careers.ksg.ac.ke/ and submit the form together with copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials, and your Curriculum Vitae, including among other details, your current position, current remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees who are familiar with your qualifications and/or work experience.
To be considered, your application MUST be received online via https://careers.ksg.ac.ke/ by not later than
14th September 2020, 5.00pm.
Hard copy applications will NOT be accepted.
FRC is committed to availing equal employment opportunities to all Kenyans. Persons with disabilities, the marginalized and the minorities are encouraged to apply.
Canvasing in any manner will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce during interviews the originals of their National Identity Card/Passport, academic and professional certificates, transcripts, testimonials, and current compliance certificates for the requirements as stipulated in Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.