Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Financial Reporting Centre invites applications from suitable individuals to fill the following position
REF: CL/03/2020 – MANAGER, COMPLIANCE AND REGULATION, FRC GRADE 3 ONE (1) POST
The Manager, Compliance and Regulation will report to the Director, Compliance, Legal and External Relations
Duties and responsibilities:-
- Providing leadership in development and implementation of policies, strategies guidelines and procedures to ensure compliance with the Act;
- Overseeing registration of reporting institutions;
- Overseeing surveillance and inspections of the reporting institutions to ensure compliance with the Act;
- Ensuring development of compliance programmes and tools;
- Overseeing investigations undertaken by the Centre under the Act;
- Liaising with regulators, supervisory bodies and professional associations to ensure sector compliance and reporting;
- Providing advisory services on compliance and regulation to stakeholders;
- Overseeing prudent utilization of resources and assets assigned to the department;
- Ensuring a safe and secure working environment in the department;
- Contributing to AML/CFT awareness and training;
- Managing risks in the department;
- Approving departmental work plans, programmes and budget;
- Development of departmental staff and ensuring succession management;
- Ensuring that departmental targets are achieved and staff are appropriately appraised;
- Mentoring and coaching of staff;
- Facilitating preparation of periodic management reports; and
- Undertaking any other responsibility as may be assigned and performing such other duties directly related to the main duties or related to the delivery of the output and results expected from a Manager, Compliance and Regulation
- At least eight (8) years relevant work experience in Anti-Money Laundering or Countering the Financing of Terrorism, five (5) of which must have been in regulatory compliance and in a management position;
- Bachelors’ degree in Law, Business Management, Accounting, Economics, Finance or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Masters degree in a relevant field from a recognized institution;
- Management course lasting at least four (4) weeks from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya; and
- Must be a citizen of Kenya.
Key Competencies and Skills
- Demonstrate strategic and innovative thinking;
- Excellent managerial and leadership skills;
- Demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong analytical and reporting skills;
- Conflict resolution skills;
- High level of judgement and integrity;
- Discretion in handling confidential information; and
- Ability to mentor and coach
How to Apply
If you can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the specified criteria for any of the above positions, please download and complete and the application form available at https://careers.ksg.ac.ke/ and submit the form together with copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials, and your Curriculum Vitae, including among other details, your current position, current remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees who are familiar with your qualifications and/or work experience.
To be considered, your application MUST be received online via https://careers.ksg.ac.ke/ by not later than
14th September 2020, 5.00pm.
Hard copy applications will NOT be accepted.
FRC is committed to availing equal employment opportunities to all Kenyans. Persons with disabilities, the marginalized and the minorities are encouraged to apply.
Canvasing in any manner will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce during interviews the originals of their National Identity Card/Passport, academic and professional certificates, transcripts, testimonials, and current compliance certificates for the requirements as stipulated in Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.