Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Financial Reporting Centre invites applications from suitable individuals to fill the following position
REF: CL/04/2020 – PRINCIPAL LEGAL OFFICER, FRC GRADE 4 ONE (1) POST
The Principal Legal Officer will report to the Manager, Legal Services.
Duties and responsibilities:-
- Providing competent, sound, accurate and timely legal advice, opinions and legal support.
- Drawing, reviewing and vetting of contracts, agreements and other legal documents;
- Developing, implementing and reviewing legal policies and procedures to ensure that they are in accordance with existing legislation;
- Handling litigation on behalf of FRC/ AMLAB;
- Preparing legal reports per requirements;
- Assisting in the preparation of AMLAB resolutions, reports and minutes;
- Identifying and mitigating legal risk exposure of FRC and AMLAB;
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance by AMLAB and FRC to all relevant statutory and regulatory requirements;
- Reviewing progress of court cases, assisting and liaising with external lawyers on legal matters involving FRC/AMLAB;
- Rendering general advice relating to any legal proceedings;
- Providing of day to day legal and regulatory support to the functional areas;
- Producing and/or contributing to legal or policy publications and write ups;
- Formulating proposals for amendments of legislations and regulations relating to the functions of FRC and AMLAB, and preparing guidelines and guidance notes;
- Assisting in drafting of documents relating to domestic and international cooperation;
- Assisting in the implementation of Program-Based Budgeting of the FRC;
- Undertaking legal research and assisting on legal issues relating to money laundering and terrorist financing;
- Contributing to the development and implementation of relevant legal strategies and plans; and
- Undertaking any other responsibility as may be assigned and performing such other duties directly related to the main duties or related to the delivery of the output and results expected from a Principal Legal Officer
- At least six (6) years’ work experience in law three (3) of which must have been in a supervisory position;
- Bachelor of Laws degree from a recognized institution;
- Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Studies from the Council of Legal Education;
- Been admitted as an advocate of the High Court Kenya;
- Hold a valid practicing certificate;
- Management course lasting at least four (4) weeks from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya; and
- Must be a citizen of Kenya.
Key Competencies and Skills
- Exceptional legal drafting skills;
- Good litigation and negotiation skills;
- Good critical and analytical skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrate professional competence in work performance;
- Knowledge of all applicable laws, rules and regulations
- Mentoring, coaching and leadership skills;
- High attention to detail;
- High level of discretion, judgement and integrity and ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality;
- Good interpersonal and negotiation skills; and
- Proficiency in computer applications.
How to Apply
If you can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the specified criteria for any of the above positions, please download and complete and the application form available at https://careers.ksg.ac.ke/ and submit the form together with copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials, and your Curriculum Vitae, including among other details, your current position, current remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees who are familiar with your qualifications and/or work experience.
To be considered, your application MUST be received online via https://careers.ksg.ac.ke/ by not later than
14th September 2020, 5.00pm.
Hard copy applications will NOT be accepted.
FRC is committed to availing equal employment opportunities to all Kenyans. Persons with disabilities, the marginalized and the minorities are encouraged to apply.
Canvasing in any manner will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce during interviews the originals of their National Identity Card/Passport, academic and professional certificates, transcripts, testimonials, and current compliance certificates for the requirements as stipulated in Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.