Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Kisii National Polytechnic seeks to recruit experienced and self-motivated individuals to the following position
COMPUTER TECHNICIAN SUPERVISOR (1 POST) JOB GROUP KP 10
REPORTS TO: HOD COMPUTER.
This position is responsible for maintaining the operations of computer labs, instructing students and staff in the use of computer laboratory technology and software applications and monitor students’ activities in the computer labs.
- Supervise computer technicians.
- Ensure that virus protection software is installed on all laboratories.
- Ensure that computers are updated regularly.
- Perform regular diagnosis, troubleshooting and resolve hardware and software problems that may slow or fail operations of the computers in the department.
- Access, gather, analyze user needs and requirements and provide solutions on a daily basis.
- Preparing and arranging for practical sessions in liaison with the lecturers.
- Maintaining order and cleanliness in the workshops/laboratories.
- Taking care of equipment, machines and tools in the laboratories.
- Keeping records of issuance of equipment, machines, materials and tools.
- Ensuring proper installation, maintenance and repair of equipment, machines and tools in the workshop/Laboratories.
- Keeping the inventory of equipment, machines, tools and materials in the workshop/ laboratory.
- Ensuring safety in the workshop/laboratories at all times.
- Participating in research activities in the department.
- Preparing work instruction sheets for equipment in the workshop/laboratory.
- Any other duties assigned.
The applicants must have
- Degree/Higher Diploma in Computer Science or its equivalent.
- Three (3) years relevant experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants are requested to submit their handwritten applications, curriculum vitae, and copies of certificates, ID and other testimonials to the undersigned on or before 11th SEPTEMBER, 2020 at 4pm. The applicant must have a certificate of good conduct, HELB clearance certificate and KRA clearance certificate. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kisii National Polytechnic,
P.O Box 222-40200,
KNP IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYER, THEREFORE FEMALE AND PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.